what does your room say about you

How Much Does Your Room Define You?

I know what you are thinking, yes, I am one of those girls who believes in essential oils and all that crap because for me it works!

32
How Much Does Your Room Define You?
Kayla Bishop

Ever wondered about someone? Like how they act when they are just by themselves, or what they do when they have time to relax? I know I do and I also know that everyone is always 100% themselves when they are in their room. A persons room can tell you so much about them from how they dress, to if they are messy or clean, even what they enjoy such as hobbies or interests. I know telling you to go inside someone's room sounds a little creepy but it will honestly tell you a lot about them!

When you walk in my room the first thing you will probably notice is how light it is. I LOVE white everything which can be very dangerous because white can get ruined in a blink of an eye, but I'm a risk taker I guess. But, my bedspread is white, my curtains are white, my desk and my walls are all white. Of course, I have things on the wall and blankets to bring a little life and color to my room but there is a reason other than being risky on why I like my room to be filled with light. I used to be at a stage in my life where all I wanted to do was sleep. I was not feeling myself and I realized that I was always so tired because of how dark and gloomy my room was. I had dark curtains over my window, my lights were always off and my sheets on my bed were just dark. I noticed a huge change in my attitude once I made my room a little lighter. As crazy as this may seem, changing my room to brighter colors made me a brighter person!

Another thing you will see is how I dress by looking into my closet. You will see that I have tons of hoodies, leggings, and sweatpants. Of course, I have a few pairs of dress pants but most of my clothes are comfy. I like to be comfortable when I dress because who seriously wants to be wearing jeans all day? I have A LOT of Converse because I am sneaker obsessed and I have about 3 pairs of slippers because I love wearing them around the house to keep my toes warm. I am also always cold so I always have some sort of big hoodie or jacket on during the day.

Next, you will find essential oils and a salt lamp on top of my all white desk. I know what you are thinking, yes I am one of those girls who believes in essential oils and all that crap because for me it works! I love finding new oils especially for my anxiety and constant headaches. Peppermint oils have really helped my headaches during the day. The salt lamp was a gift from my younger sister a few years ago and I always have it lit because it gives me light in the middle of the night and because the warm orange light calms me down.

Lastly, you will find pictures of my family and friends pinned up above my desk. I love collecting memories with photographs and I love pinning them up so I can look up whenever I need a smile and remember how happy I was in that moment. I always keep a picture of my two younger sisters because I never stop thinking about them when I am away at school. There is also a picture of my roommates and I that we took the first couple of weeks of meeting each other in college. I keep that up there to remind myself that true friendships really do exist because they are my very best friends to this day!

So, what I am saying is do not go into someone's room without their permission but when you are in their room, observe! You can tell SO much by a person by just looking at the things they have in there. My room describes me perfectly and I am sure yours does too!