13 Movies To Add To Your October Netflix Queue To Get Into The Fall Spirit

It's time for some Netflix and Thrill.

3447
Screen Gems

October has arrived, which means everyone will be decorating for Halloween, going for walks, and spending time with their family. Unfortunately due to COVID-19, we have to take it easy and cannot enjoy the holiday like we did before.

The good news is that all of your favorite Halloween themed films are on Netflix. It's not just gruesome movies, but also family comedies, mildly disturbing, and psychological films as well. Here are some of the best scary films to watch to embrace the spirit of Halloween.

1. "The Addams Family"

The 1998 film based on the TV show of the same name is a very extravagant, humorous, and enjoyable comedy. Fans of the original series will love this film, which is a creepy and satirical version of the average rich and the bizarre American family. All of the strange characters, morbid humor, and creepy effects are great and lots of fun. It's a classic worth checking out.

2. "The House at the End of the Street"

Fans of Jennifer Lawrence will enjoy this thriller. The story is about a teen girl who discovers a mysterious incident in the house located at the end of the street where she lives. There are some twists, a little humor, and a few scary moments, but nothing too extreme or terrifying. This is an average horror film that is a mixture of Psycho and typical scary movies.

3. "The Babysitter"

This is a horror/comedy with something for every horror fan. The story is about a kid who finds out that his babysitter is a part of a satanic cult. Expect to find psychotic killers, humor, nostalgia, and blood. It is a fun thriller that is worth seeing.

4. "Velvet Buzzsaw"

If you love art and psychological horror movies, then you will like this satirical horror/drama movie. See what happens when modern art, commerce, and supernatural forces clash.

The film is about the consequences (in this case severe) that occur for artists who care more about making a profit than inspiring others with their masterpieces. It's a film that is perfect for those who have ever been to an art museum, seen a gallery, or learned to appreciate the uniqueness of art.

5. "Polaroid"

This horror/thriller, "borrows" the plot from R.L Stine's Goosebumps book "Say Cheese and Die". The story revolves around a high school student who discovers a camera which causes the death of those who get their picture taken with it. Even though the setup is not original, there are still enough thrills to keep you entertained. It will definitely surprise you.

6. "Goosebumps"

Anyone who read the young adult horror series might like this film. Just like the novels and T.V series, the movie is not scary, but has action, monsters, special effects, and comedy. The story is about a teen working with R.L Stine (Jack Black) and his daughter to recapture the creatures released from his books. It's an entertaining film teens and adults will enjoy.

7. "Hush"

This horror/thriller is terrifying because of its realistic atmosphere instead of relying on CGI, supernatural elements, over the top, scares, gallons of blood, or an iconic killer. The story is about a deaf writer living alone in the woods that must fight in silence when a masked killer shows up. The suspense will keep you on edge. This is definitely a must-see horror film.

8. "It Follows"

This movie will terrify you without the use of many jump scares compared to others. The story involves a curse that is passed down to victims via sex. The 'monster' is an entity which takes the form of a friend or stranger. Great movie if you enjoy supernatural psychological horror films.

9. "Killer Klowns from Outer Space"

This is a low-budget horror film that became a cult classic. The story is about aliens that resemble circus clowns arriving on Earth to capture and kill the residents of a small town. Despite the weird plot, the goofy appearance of the klown aliens, and cheesy script, cartoonish violence, humor, and the soundtrack is what makes this film entertaining. If you're looking for a fun science fiction horror comedy, this one is great for teens and adults.

10. "Splice"

This horror/sci-fi got a cult following years after being released. The plot involves the problems that occur when genetic engineers mix human and animal DNA to make a hybrid. The science-fiction concept and issues with playing God or messing with Mother Nature are what makes this film unique and scary. If you love sci-fi movies, you might enjoy this one.

11. "Poltergeist"

This '80s horror movie became an iconic Halloween classic. The story is about a family whose youngest daughter gets trapped by supernatural forces and must get saved. There are plenty of scares and creepy images but it is not gory. It is an entertaining movie that perfect to watch before Halloween.

12. "The Roommate"

This suspenseful film has creepy vibes and is sure to get viewers into the spirit. The story is about a college freshman whose roommate develops an obsession for her. The film is psychological, but scary. Great film to watch with a friend.

13. "Beetlejuice"

This is a horror/comedy that fans of the genre will enjoy watching every October. The story is about an eccentric ghoul that's summoned by a recently deceased couple to help scare away the people that just moved into their home. The special effects, music, and humor are what make this goofball horror comedy a cult classic. Better to watch with friends.