Your Next Dog Should Be A Rescue

Your Next Dog Should Be A Rescue

Stop shopping at pet stores!

53
Your Next Dog Should Be A Rescue

There is nothing more precious than adopting a dog that you know is coming from poor conditions, calling them your own, and building a type of bond you never thought could be built between a human and a dog. Imagine the feeling you will have knowing you saved an innocent dog from such harsh living conditions. Becoming that dog's caretaker will change its life for the better, and it will change yours forever.

Many of the dogs purchased from retail pet store stores are oftentimes coming from puppy mills. A puppy mill is a breeding place for dogs which typically has extreme inhuman conditions for the puppies. You are essentially supporting these puppy mills when you buy from these type of places.

The dogs are in distress from the car ride from the puppy mills to the pet stores. Dogs are crammed into cages, put into the back of an 18-wheeler, and driven across the country this way. It's hard to believe that the truck drivers would pull over occasionally to let the dogs properly use the restroom and stretch their little legs.

Even in pet stores, the dogs are forced to put up with terrible conditions. The dogs are put into small cages and are sometimes stationed with other dogs, cramming the dogs even more than they were before.

The prices at pet stores are absurd. Prices can range from $400-$2,000 and you don't even know exactly what you're getting. You are much better off spending that money at a breeder you are happy with and can trust. But adopting a homeless puppy for free is always a great option, too!

Dogs who are stuck in these awful conditions truly never get to experience joy. Many of them don't even know what it's like to get outside and chase their own tails. Rescue your next puppy so you can make sure that pup can get out in the sun, run around, and enjoy life as a care-free dog at last.

There are approximately 3.9 million homeless dogs in the United States. You have the power to completely change a dog's life, you just have to make the choice. Stop purchasing dogs from pet stores and start adopting them from trusted breeders or trusted shelters!