Your Guide to Black Friday Shopping in 2020

COVID-19 is still very much a thing. Companies want you to avoid shopping in person, and all on one day.

12
WSBTV.com

2020 has been a wild ride for everyone, to say the least. With COVID-19, especially with cases on the rise now, most, if not all, companies are encouraging you to shop online this year, and if you are shopping in person, to not do it all in one day.

Black Friday is the most chaotic day of the year for shopping, with stores filled to capacity, lines out the door, fights breaking out, and so much more. Here's what you can be doing to actively stay on top of deals at your favorite stores, and not miss any Black Friday deals.

First things first, make a list of every store you want to shop at. I would start by looking at their website to see what kind of deals they are offering and when. Many stores are doing waves of sales where electronics may be on sale one week, and clothes will be on the sale the next week, for example. Look to see when each sale is taking place, and see if the sales are the same as in store. If it is the same as in store, just stay home and order it online.

Once you figure out which sales are happening when at your list of stores, make of list of all the things you need to buy. If one of your items is sold at multiple stores you are shopping at, compare the prices of the item in each store to see who has the best discount or deal for it. Make sure you note where you are going to buy that item from and when you have to buy it by.

While that pretty much covers how you should figure out how to shop, here's what you can do to avoid shopping in crowds. Again, look at when your favorite stores have sales going on. If the sales are happening in person, go at a time that avoids a rush hour. You can also go to a location in an area that is not heavily populated. This will hopefully result in fewer people being in the store during busy hours, if you can't avoid them. Lastly, make sure the stores are taking proper COVID-19 precautions, which will only allow a certain amount of people in the store, wearing masks, and staying six-feet apart.

I am wishing you all a safe, and happy holiday season!