Your Dream Wedding As A 90s Baby VS Your Dream Wedding Now

Spoiler Alert: you know you wanted to marry your elementary school crush.

199
Flickr

As a 90s baby, I remember daydreaming and staying up all night thinking about what my future wedding will be like. Wondering who I would marry?

Dressing up and using my imagination, I wonder what my 6-year-old self would say about the way our future has played out. I bet we would share thoughts and ideas that I have forgotten when I was younger.

A 90s baby's dream wedding VS our dream wedding's now, let's see how it plays out—

The ultimate dream wedding as a 90s baby:

First slow dance song you thought as a 90s baby:

"I'll Be" by Edwin McCain

Okay let's be real, we have all had this thought when we were younger. AND YOU KNOW YOU SLOW DANCED BY YOURSELF TO IT TOO.

You and your friends had a wedding ceremony

Sometimes you played it with your AKA imaginary friend. Don't lie. We all have been there.

The "Ring Pop" was your engagement ring

And that is what you always have wanted.

Ring Pop

You played "MASH" to decide your fate

You know exactly what I'm talking about. It told you who you were going to marry, how many kids you were going to have, what type of house you were going to live in, blah blah blah, IT WAS FUN. And you secretly wished that some of the answers you got would come true...

You wanted a wedding just like your parents' wedding

Looking through pictures and albums, you knew you wanted to have a wedding and look just like how your mom did because let's face it, OUR MOMS WERE BEAUTIFUL. Let me take that back, they are STILL BEAUTIFUL!

You tried your mom's wedding dress on and veil

Only when she wasn't looking. This is when you knew, you wanted to wear this same dress, the same shoes and the same veil for your wedding day one day. Not only did you use your mom's dress, you used her make up too. Man, didn't you look beautiful with that heavy, bright red lipstick and blue eye shadow.

Mom's Wedding Dress

The secret is out—you wanted to marry you elementary school crush

You know you did. You wanted to date them and continue to do so they would be your high school sweetheart that you saw in the movies.

The ultimate dream wedding NOW:

First slow dance song for your dream wedding now:

"Grow Old" - Florida Georgia Line

"Mine Would Be You" - Blake Shelton

"Mean To Me" - Brett Eldredge

"From The Ground Up" - Dan + Shay

"Grave" - Thomas Rhett

Should I go on?!?!? We know that these are few of the songs that will make us bawl like a baby at our dream wedding now.

You have a Pinterest board FOR. EVERYTHING.

Color themes for weddings, DIY decorations, invitation cards, take home thank-you gifts, you name it. You have everything little thing down to detail on that board of yours. Thank God for Pinterest.

You STILL want to have a wedding like your parents

Because it is the kind of love you grew up knowing and wanting for yourself with a significant other.

For your dream wedding now, you actually want a ring.

Yeah, Ring Pops are good and yummy and all, but you want someone to confess their love to you with a beautiful jewel that you'd get to keep forever on your ring finger. A daily reminder that you mean so much to that one person who wants to spend their whole life WITH YOU.

Talking about rings, you know you have ANOTHER Pinterest board for that too.

Every cut, every design you like is on that board.

WHO AND WHO IS GOING TO BE YOUR BRIDESMAIDS?!

You still have no idea who they will be because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Especially who is going to be your Maid-of-Honor.

You already have an idea of what your wedding dress is going to look like.

And IT. IS. BEAUTIFUL.

Your 90s baby self didn't have to worry about anything, no future expenses, who you were going to marry and when it was going to happen.

But your dream wedding now you are like, "HOW AM I GOING TO AFFORD EVERYTHING?!?!" Your dress is going to be quadrillion dollars. You don't even want to know what your expenses will be.

But we have to remember this is going to be the MOST important day of our lives. You know your 90s baby self and yourself now will be happy with whatever your wedding will turn out to be. Ultimate dream wedding or not, it will be perfect.