A Young Democrat's Views On Hillary Clinton

I'm with her

7
i.ytimg.com

I’ve written about the election before in “My first election is nothing like I excepted”, but in this article I’m just going to focus on Hilary Clinton.

Now I’ve been a democrat my whole life and when we believe something our whole lives it can be hard to change our views or critique them even. So I am going to use this article not to slander or praise Hilary, but just to talk about her.

As far as resume’s go, Hillary Clinton has all the background she needs to be a good president. She was First Lady (1993-2001), U.S Senator for New York (2001-2009), AND United States Secretary of State (2009-2013). I mean, who can have a better understanding of government than someone who has seen it from all angles. But she also acts like a politician. What I mean by that is that she says what she thinks will get her votes or what the public wants to hear, and that mean it’s not always 100% the truth. It doesn’t help that she had the email scandal at the very beginning of her campaign. But she is not the only politician who does this. There’s a reason why there is the stereotype that you can never trust a politician. Sadly because she is a woman, there are different expectations for her, especially since she is the first woman to get the nomination to run for President. She is laying the groundwork for all other women after her. So people are very critical about everything she does.

Lately, more and more people have been beginning to support her. The more speeches she makes and the more campaigning she does, the more people are starting to like her. It helps that she has the support of some very powerful names, President Barack Obama included. Even I have fully joined her campaign, I joined Young Democrats at VCU and do phone banking and voter registration. Things are starting to look up for her, after a very rocky start she seems to have finally hit a smooth spot on the road towards Presidency. With more support comes more trust, it also helps that she is running against someone who the majority of America doesn’t like; let alone trust. All of these little things combined have really helped her campaign.

She hasn’t completely won over everyone’s trust and people are accusing her of lying yet again. There have been rumors that she is in bad health, but she has assured everyone that she is fine. It’s hard to believe her, especially after the video of her fainting circulated. Naturally she is human, and humans get sick (that’s a fact, there is no way around it) so the public can’t get mad at her about that. What the public is mad about is they feel she is trying to hide something from them. In my opinion (this is not a fact) I feel if she were to just come out and say she was sick and be more transparent, that would win over more people. If she were more transparent in general that would help win people over.

It can do everyone some good to talk about people (the good and bad parts), especially politicians. It can be easy to put people of power on pedestals and forget they are people too.

I know I said I wouldn’t praise but I really do admire Hillary Clinton for running, it can’t be easy to have everyone critiquing your every move (I am now guilty of this) when you’re trying to help. While she’s not perfect, she handles it all as best she can and we can all try and give as much advice as we’d like but in reality 99.9% of us will never run for office like she is. So keep up the good work Hillary, I hope to see you in the White House soon.