12 Reasons Why You Need To Watch 'Young and Hungry'

"Young and Hungry" is one of the best shows out there for millennials because it's so honest and raw about the realities we live in.
2071

"Young and Hungry" is one of the best shows out there for millennials because it's so honest and raw about the realities we live in. Millennials are struggling to make use of a shitty hand of cards and "Young and Hungry" understand and visualizes that in the form of a comedy on Freeform. Gabi is the epitome of millennial life. It's funny, it's sad, and it's heartwarming! Everything is just a huge sex joke......just like our millennial lives! Here are 12 reasons why "Young and Hungry" is a show every millennial should watch!

1. Gabi is literally all of us.

She lives the college student life, without actually going to college. So really, Gabi lives the millennial life where we never have any money and the job market is rough. She lied on her resume, just like many millennials do. I mean, it's almost impossible to have five years experience coming out of college. She is funny and witty but has her own way of doing things. It is different but Gabi isn't wrong for thinking outside of the box and meddling to help other people be happy. She is always helping the people she cares about but she is kinda selfish. Kinda like millennials. Like we want to help but with the way things are...what do we get out of it?

2. Gabi and Sofia have ambition but like...no money.

Gabi wants to be a famous chef but has no money or education to do it. Sofia flip flops on what she wants to do and if that isn't describing a millennials life, I don't know what does. Gabi needs money to have education but has to find a good job and Sofia has a job but doesn't know what she wants for a career. Yep, sounds like a millennial life to me.

3. Yolanda shows that all jobs are important, you just have to have the attitude to go with it.

Yolanda never lets anyone shame her for "just being a maid" (ugh, I hate that word). She does what she has to to get by in life. She works, well not hard, but she works and pays her bills then she goes out and gets lit with any extra cash. Sound like any generation we know? Honestly, it's not a bad thing to me. We get shit done, any way we have to, even by working a "lower class" job.

4. Sofia is BFF goals and roommate goals.

Also she exhibits a level of sense that a lot of millennials are lacking. She's the oddly mature one that is like the voice of reason to many millennials when they are about to do something stupid. Honestly, I relate to Sofia the most because she is trying to maintain order when Gabi is causing chaos. Poor Sofia was born in the wrong generation but we all want a friend like her. She is BFF goals and life goals.

5. The relationships are so relatable it's scary.

Are we dating or just FWB? Should I text him and tell him how I feel? Your mind says no but your heart says yes. You know he is fuckboi status, everyone tells you about all of his notches, but millennial girls either don't care or think we will be the one to change him. Sorry girls, he doesn't change..well, not often. But this isn't just for boys there are fuckgurls too. Gabi runs into several situations that follow these lines. She gets used but also does the using. All millennials know how to use people because it's the only way to get by.

6. The sex jokes are priceless and plentiful.

Gabi is empowered by her sexuality and she never lets anyone make her feel ashamed for liking sex. There are so many sex jokes that you are constantly laughing at. You can't help but use them for yourself when bae is around. The jokes capture everyone's sexuality but in a funny and powerful way.

7. They love food and alcohol.

When they have a bad day Gabi grabs a bottle of wine (sometimes harder alcohol for really bad days) and she cooks up something yummy for them to eat away their feelings. Millennials invented a whole new way to eat your feelings. You just lay in a comfy place, eat all of the most unhealthy food you can find, and binge watch something on Netflix to help you purge your emotions. Sofia and her have some of their best moments while eating food and drinking wine. They really are friendship goals.

8. They give you ambition from their struggles.

Gabi and Sofia's struggles are so relatable and they empower you to make the best of the sititauions like they do. Their ambition and will make you feel like if you work hard like they do, anything is possible. That maybe one day you can be a famous chef or writer, have a great relationship full of struggles but only with the person you love, and be happy with what you have because nothing in our lives are handed to us.

9. Money isn't everything...but it helps.

Whoever said money can buy happiness was a, god damn, liar. Josh even says that being a billionaire doesn't buy him relationships or happiness, instead it attracts people who only want to use him for his money. His ex fiancé, Caroline, is a prime example. She only loved him for his money and notoriety. Being a millennial shows us that money doesn't buy happiness and while it does help, not everything can be bought. I mean, our economy is fucked, so that could also be a reason...but I like my way better.

10. The shenanigans are so like millennials.

What the hell did we get ourselves into? With so many off trends, I'm looking at you clear jeans, it's hard to not get caught up in the media frenzy, even if it's just to say how stupid half the things us millennial do. We are always on our phones and Gabi often gets in trouble by meddling in others business. With social media being what it is we all meddle in others lives, if just by looking.

11. You can't help but relate...even if you aren't a millennial.

You don't have a soul if you don't like this show. Seriously, you are always laughing and rooting for Gabi and Josh. You are always rooting for everyone to be happy. When Gabi feels pain, you feel pain. When Gabi is excited, you are excited. Being a millennial makes you so much more empathetic to others because we see how interrelated everything really is. The banding together to march and protesting the pipeline, is just like how Sofia, Yolanda, and Elliot band together to help Gabi.

12. The opening is one of the best ever created and no one can tell me differently.

Literally, one of my favorite parts of the show. Don't believe me? Watch it below and I know you'll want to watch "Young and Hungry" right after you're done reading this article.

I love "Young and Hungry" I hope you do go watch it because it really is one if the best shows on television. Emily Osment gives millennials a voice in a funny, sweet way but also in a very profound "this is so me" way. Go watch on Netflix, you won't regret it!