11 Quotes From YA Novels To Give You Hope

Because happily ever afters aren't always cheesy and sometimes you just need an escape...

407
@precarious_reader/ Instagram

Sometimes the world out there is frightening, which is why we need to escape in our books. Check out these quotes from some amazing YA novels if you need a little hope and a good book to read.

1. “The thing I realize is, that it's not what you take, it's what you leave.” - Jennifer Niven, "All The Bright Places"

While this may be one of the saddest books ever written, this quote from "All the Bright Places" is so true. Make the most of your life and make a difference in the world, even if it's just by making small changes, like leaving something behind for someone.

2. “He made her feel like more than the sum of her parts.” - Rainbow Rowell, "Eleanor and Park"

"Eleanor and Park" is an excellent romance and this quote just gives you all the hope you need for love.

3. “Sometimes it's like that. You know something good is coming, and even though it's not even close yet, still, just knowing it's coming is enough to make you snort and nicker. Sort of." - Gary D. Schmidt, "Orbiting Jupiter"

Something good is just around the corner.

4. “Someone once wrote that a novel should deliver a series of small astonishments. I get the same thing spending an hour with you.” - E. Lockhart, "We Were Liars"

"We Were Liars" is possibly one of the best YA books out there, and this line about Gat and Cadence is perfect. Doesn't everyone want a love like that?

5. “I think what I’ve realized is, life is all about climbing up, slipping down, and picking yourself up again. And it doesn’t matter if you slip down. As long as you’re kind of heading more or less upwards. That’s all you can hope for. More or less upwards.” - Sophie Kinsella, "Finding Audrey"

This book is about a girl with social anxiety and this quote speaks to everyone because no one's life is easy, and everyone has ups and downs, you just need to keep pushing forward.

6. “Now that I look back, I don't know why I was so stressed about it all this time. Funny how sometimes you worry a lot about something and it turns out to be nothing.” - J.R. Polacio, "Wonder"

This should speak to your soul if you're an overthinker. Stop over worrying because it's probably nothing.

7. “Happily ever after, or even just together ever after, is not cheesy,” Wren said. “It’s the noblest, like, the most courageous thing two people can shoot for.” - Rainbow Rowell, "Fangirl"

Don't give up because you're afraid of failure, pursuing a happy ending is the bravest thing you can do.

8. “The important people in our lives leave imprints. They may stay or go in the physical realm, but they are always there in your heart, because they helped form your heart. There's no getting over that.” - Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, "Dash and Lily's Book of Dares"

Maybe this is why you still think about your first love.

9. “Sometimes we meet people and are so symbiotic with them, it’s as if we are one person, with one mind, one destiny.” - Gayle Forman, "I Was Here"

Doesn't this give you hope for friendship or love or whatever connection you are looking for? Your person is out there.

10. “Spoiler alert: Love is worth everything. Everything.” - Nicola Yoon, "Everything, Everything"

I mean this quote says it all. Love is worth everything. Read the book and find out just what "everything" entails.

11. "So many things become beautiful when you really look." -Lauren Oliver, "Before I Fall"

Sometimes you just need to open your eyes and look to see the beauty that's in your everyday life. Look before it's too late.

Hopefully, your heart is feeling a little fuller and you've got a little more hope for the future now.