What I Learned When I Tried To Order Fake IDs Online

What I Learned When I Tried To Order Fake IDs Online, And Why You Shouldn't Do It

You're not going to want to make the same mistake as me

203
Columbia Pictures

This isn't me telling you not to order fake IDs, feel free to do whatever your heart pleases. This is me telling you to be careful and mindful of what you're doing so that you don't end up in a sticky situation.

A big issue for most college students is not being old enough to get into bars. We get it, at some point in your college career you're going to be under 21 and think frat parties are lame. We've all been there.

What I decided to do was round up a group of friends and order some fake ID's to use at the bars around campus. I'll tell you now, it all went downhill. Including me, I had about 15 IDs to order. At $60 an ID, we were looking at managing about $900. First of all, don't have such a big group because when the situation gets messed up, you will have disappointed 14 other people.

I had decided to order IDs from idinstate.com. Honestly just having to type up 15 peoples information into the website took about 2 hours and was an annoying waste of time, but hey if you have time to waste, go for it.

The payment method was either bitcoin or Western Union. I had no idea what either of those was but I knew that for Western Union you would have to go somewhere in person. So I decided to go with bitcoin. I googled how to buy bitcoin and ended up using blockchain for purchasing my bitcoin.

I bought $400 worth of bitcoin at first and it charged me a fee, and so I still had to buy the other $500 worth of bitcoin and make sure I put enough to cover the fee and the previous fee that was also taken out. That math took a while to do because I had to figure out how much percentage they would be taking out.

Finally, once it was all settled and I had bought my bitcoin, blockchain told me it would take a month to transfer to my bitcoin wallet. Unfortunately, I had to wait a month to actually order them. I set my calendar up to tell me when it was time. When it was finally time, I went to blockchain to see if it had transferred.

Of course in the month that I was waiting for my bitcoin to transfer, the bitcoin value dropped and I didn't have enough to purchase all the IDs. All the work and time I had put in went to the shitter and I had lost about $300. 4 Months later and I'm still waiting for bitcoin to rise so that I can cash out my bitcoin and give everyone their money back.

I'm telling you this story, even though it makes me look stupid so that you don't wind up in the same situation as me. Thankfully no one was mad or asked for their money back right away. All 15 of us are patiently waiting for bitcoin to rise so that we can get our money back. After that whole experience, I've realized that there are too many risks with getting fake IDs.

First of all, you might not even get the IDs and might lose money as I did. But I've heard stories of people who have gotten fake IDs and the police have been waiting at their door to confiscate them once they've mailed you.

Secondly, there are legal charges which vary state to state when to caught with a fake ID. Why take the risk of ruining your life and having something stay on your personal record just to flex on everyone because you think your cool being underage and getting into the bars?

Lastly, JUST WAIT! Your time will come! My time hasn't even come yet but I've learned my lesson (thankfully nothing involving the police) and I will be waiting until I'm of age. If you think frats are lame, try house parties. Just think before you act and realize what are the consequences of your actions!