To The Girl Thinking About Joining A Sorority

To The Girl Who Wants To Join A Sorority, Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Should

Here's five reasons why you SHOULD.

21
https://www.pexels.com/photo/light-nature-sky-sunset-53364/

Maybe you've already signed up for recruitment and are doubting your choice. Maybe you are on the fence about joining a sorority. Joining a sorority can be an emotional time, especially if you're moving away from home. Emotions are high and stress is even higher. But, personally, my college experience would have felt incomplete without joining a sorority. I understand sororities aren't for everyone. But if you are on the fence, here are five reasons why you should.

1. Do it.

If you're hearing stereotypes about one certain organization, chances of it being true are slim to none. Rumors fly fast and can change an organization's entire reputation. Don't let what you're hearing stop you from blocking you could potentially get out of it.

2. Do it.

Joining a sorority isn't just about "paying for friends." It's about surrounding yourself with empowering women. It's these women who are going to shape you and guide you through college. These women are going to be there when you're on top of the world, but also at rock bottom.

3. Do it.

If you're worried about money, some sororities have payment plans. It may seem like a bigger burden than it really is. Most organizations are willing to work with you if you ask for help.

4. Do it.

At the end of the day, a sorority is a tight group of girls. We support each other, through and through. We rely on each other and learn from each other. We grow together, strengthening our bonds as sisters and finding out who we truly are throughout college.

5. Do it.

The women you meet are going to become your best friends and future bridesmaids. These women are loyal to their organization and to you. If you're worried about what other people will think when you join a sorority, are those the people you need in your life?