You Only Have One Life, Live It To The Fullest

I wonder how cats feel about this? You know, nine lives and all?
1899

People often say you have one life to live, so live it to the fullest. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain in life. This is something I have slowly but surely come to realize. Often there are times where I question whether something makes me seem like this or like that. I think about what other people will think of me, which is normal because no one wants to portray themselves as something they aren’t. But, those opinions and judgments are irrelevant. You can't live your life day by day and question what people will say or do. You have to live your life for yourself.

I know, its easier said than done. Believe me, I’m right there with you. But do you want to live a life that is the same routine, same story and only take part in “safe” or “normal” types of situations? No, you want to cherish and live your life the way you see it to be. Now, I’m not saying to do things that could possibly get your arrested or to jump off of cliffs without parachutes or anything like that, but add a little adventure to your life if you feel as if there’s not much happening. Whether its small things like attending a country music concert (even though you may not love country music) or taking a salsa class for one day, little things that may seem to scare or put you outside of your comfort zone. You never know what could happen! You could meet the love of your life, make new friends, and just gain new perspective!

I am completely guilty of sticking to my comfort zone at times, but I’m learning that I only have one life and I can’t live it in fear or worry about others all the time. I have to try new things, and learn to explore beyond what I know. This applies to anything and everything in life! See a cute guy or girl walking past you? Compliment them! Something like "nice sunglasses," "nice shoes," or even just flat out say "you’re cute!" No one is saying you need to marry this person! And no one is saying you need to whistle or make them feel uncomfortable. It’s simple, quick and even if they don’t say anything back, ITS OKAY. You’ll be fine! If anything you probably won’t ever see them again! I’ve done it before and it feels good, its simple but you gain more confidence out of it! It’s empowering. Also, the roles are reversed for once. Don’t get me wrong I think every woman likes to be complimented (in the right scenario and way, don’t whistle at me or call me mamacita, NO BUENO) and swooned over but its nice to switch it up at times.

So try to begin with small steps and work your way up to bigger and more exciting things and you’ll soon realize how different it is and liberating once you take a step outside of the safe zone. You have to live your life the way you want to and remember the things that made you happy. You weren’t put on this earth to live someone else’s life. You are your own person, so start doing things for yourself. Don’t mind the haters, they’re too busy sipping on that haterade while you are setting your own goals and ambitions. You do you boo.