15 Problems People Who Are Short Have To Deal With All The Time

You Know You're Short When...

63

For years of our lives, we have been excluded from sports, rides, profession due to our heights, but those are just some of the problems that people face being short. As a 5'2' college student, I face almost all 15 of these problems on a weekly, if not daily, basis. These next 15 problems that people who are short suffer from are not the only that we have to deal with but the most popular problems.

1. People use your head as an arm rest

No matter where you are with your friends, acquaintances or family members there is always that one damn person who thinks that it is okay for them just to rest their disgusting, stinky, sweaty, germ covered arm on your hair that took you 30 mins to do...

2. Everyone tells you your short

There is always that one person... That one person no matter how tall, average or short they are, they MUST point out to you (as if you didn't know already) how short you are... Like yes, I know I've lived this way for a while now.

3. Finding perfect pants is impossible

You can never walk into a store and find that magical pair of jeans that just fit perfectly. They are either (most of the times) the right size but too long, or they are too small but the right length. If you've hit your 20s and are a short person without a tailor... How do you do it?

4. You have to have stepladders for everything

Literally in every room of my house, I have some sort of step ladder. If I didn't I would either never reach certain cabinets and shelves in my apartment or to have to lug around a heavy ass ladder, which is something I do not want to do.

5. You can't see at movies or shows or concert

No matter what row you sit in if the tickets were a pre-bought set of tickets you will not see what is going on, on the stage. Usually, you just sit there and pray to whomever that no one above your height sits in front of you, so you can actually see something you paid for, for once.

6. People ask you, "How's the weather down there?"

At every social gathering, there is always that one douchebag that has to make the joke "How's the weather down there?" As if I hadn't heard that old crappy joke before. HA!

7. People don't see you

When you are short it is like you are invisible. People will just run into you, trample you, bump into you like you aren't a real life human being.

8. They think because you are short that you are weak

Men especially, always think because someone is small or short that they are weak and can't do things. I am sorry sir but I am a grown-ass independent person and just because I am short doesn't mean I can move some of my furniture, or open a jar or whatever else.

9. You pain through crotch watch

Every short person knows the pain of crotch watch. Crotch watch is when you are talking to anyone who is significantly taller than you, you end up staring at their crotch, not because you want to but that is where your face lines up... Then you notice and awkwardly try to just keep eye contact the entire rest of the conversation.

10. People calling you "fun size"

Like, exsqueeze me? Where does a complete stranger get off being able to tell you that you are "fun size." Like really what does that even mean? Are you trying to tell me I look like a piece of candy or that I am way more awesome than anyone who is taller than me... If it is the latter of those two options Uh well I already knew that thanks for the 'new information jerk.'

11. You ruin every pair of jeans you own

Every short person knows being short means that jeans drag. There isn't a pair of jeans that I own that don't have a heel hole in them.

12. Your feet never reach the floor

No matter what chair you are sitting in your feet cannot touch the floor. They just swing while you sit. It is like you are a six-year-old child stuck in 21 years old body.

13. Everyone walks faster than you

You've learned to almost run when you are walking with your friends who are taller than you, because if not you will just get left behind.

14. Hugging tall people

Hugging anyone taller than you is always an awkward situation. You either get choked or they miss you completely. More like yeah let's just not.

15. Always need your ID

Anywhere I go I always have to make sure I bring my ID. If I walk into any bar I am mistaken for a 16-year-old girl. It's saddening sometimes.