You Know You're From Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania When

Yes, we are an actual town. Thank you.

450
landsat

Everyone lives in different areas. In these different areas, people are accustomed to different situations, different household sayings, different places to eat, hangout, or party, and different events circled to your area of living. It just so happens, that Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania, is a place of many, many, DIFFERENT things, that many aren't used to. Mostly because most people don't know that Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania exists. So if you're from a wee little town in like me, around me, or have no idea where central Pennsylvania is, I hope you learn a few things.

Here goes nothing.

I warned you.

1. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

you say you're from Jersey Shore, PA and they either have no idea what you're talking about or they think you live in the beach in New Jersey and you always say GTL and have seen Snooki on the boardwalk. I'm sorry no. We fish, hunt, and bag groceries all around our little creeks and rivers, not ocean waves and sand. Just so you're aware, we are an actual town. It says so on a Snapple cap.

2. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

in high school the only dance you actually have is prom. No homecoming. Sorry.

3. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

in middle school, the "cool" place to hang out, and where EVERYONE in school hung out was at the Subway down the street or if that got too crowded, you ventured across the street to the Arby's.

4. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

you want to go shopping but the nearest mall is more than a half hour away, and depending on which mall you go to, there really isn't that great of stores to shop at. We tend to be online shoppers.

5. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

the entire town comes to the high school football games but what ends up happening is most of the teenagers just go there to hang out with their friends and leave before the game is over, resulting in not knowing the final score and having to ask everyone at school on Monday.

6. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

there's a thing called the "boot club", and they meet in a parking lot. How country of us.

7. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

people get confused at where you're from so the second time you tell them, you just say that you live near the Little League World Series.

8. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

we finally get a field of something that's not corn and we have to take all of the artsy pictures with it. To be fair the pictures were truly beautiful. Just like this one. Thanks CJ!

9. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

you try to tell people what you saw on the news but they just don't understand because they don't have WNEP.

10. You know you're from Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania when...

you literally know everyone and their grandmother's dog in the neighborhood because we are so small.

Now, I've had my fun making jokes of my hometown as we all do, but for real. I wouldn't trade where I am from for the world. It has made me who I am today, as well as many others and has truly taught me the most precious gifts of living in a small, unusual, and rarely known town. It's unique and beautiful in it's own ways and you should really drive by if you get the chance.