13 Facts Of Life In Cheboygan, Michigan

13 Facts Of Life In Cheboygan, Michigan

Growing up in a small town, you get more in-tune with what makes it special.
465

Up until I left for college, I spent my entire life in a small town in Northern Michigan called Cheboygan aka Che-Bang-Bang or Chevegas, not to be confused with Sheboygan, Wisconsin. While being away I have started to notice more things that make Cheboygan more unique than other towns.

Here are 13 ways you know you're from Cheboygan, Michigan.

1. You go to Walmart in the middle of the night with your friends to have fun

2. You go to the Kingston Theater just to get popcorn and only popcorn

3. You have 100 different lake options to go to

4. Or just jump in the river

5. The old train bridge is a great place to sit

6. The most exciting week of the year is Homecoming week (Go Chiefs!)

7. When the Mackinaw bridge isn't that big of a deal cause it's only 30 minutes away

8. When you say "The Island" it could either mean Mackinac Island or Bois Blanc Island

9. You can get the best breakfast at Alice's!

10. When besides Walmart the other main attraction is the bowling ally on the outskirts of town

11. City beach where you can find even teenagers on the playground

12. In the winter you can drive your truck out on the ice of black lake.

13. When you understand that Rivertown and Cheboygan are the same place.