You Know You're From Alabama When..

You Know You're From Alabama When..

Alabama in it's entirety.

312
You Know You're From Alabama When..
commons wikipedia

You know your from Alabama when..

Being born and raised in Alabama,there are just habits and things that you do everyday without much thought. There are traditions you take place in that you wouldn't have anywhere else. I wouldn't trade these Alabama ways for anywhere else in the world.

1. Y'all is used in every sentence.

If you go to any town in Alabama, you are bound to hear this word hundreds of times. It's a trademark of being in the south. And why not, it's so much easier than you all!

2. College Football is a big deal!

In Alabama, you can only side for two teams,Alabama or Auburn. This rivalry is literally what our entire fall is based on. And we wouldn't trade it for the world. So if you plan on moving to Alabama any time soon, pick a side, enjoy some smack talking, and join the fun!

3. Sweet Tea is like Wine around here.

In the south, we love the sweet tea. And I mean SWEET tea! It doesn't matter whether it's early in the morning or late at night, pour us a glass of sweet tea and we are good to go.

4. Sunday's consist of church and Sunday dinner.

Getting dressed up for church and attending it with your family is what Sunday's are all about in the south. That and Sunday dinner, of course. Nothing is better than worshipping God and then eating the best meal you've had all week, it's the best of both worlds.

5. You go to Gulf Shores on vacation at least once a year.

We all know the best place to get that much needed sun is in Gulf Shores,and it's not even that long of a drive. If you are anything like me, you are forever thankful for that short drive to the place where you are closest to God.

6. You probably think racing is a big deal.

Now I'm not big on racing, but I know many people who are. Going up to Taladega raceway is a time most of the South look forward to.

7. You've had to swap from the heat to AC in the same day.

This can be all too frustrating, but it happens quite often in the fall. It's jacket weather in the morning, and shorts weather by mid-day. Only in Alabama.

8. You know how to pronounce all of the weird town names.

If you are from Alabama, you can properly pronounce Wedowee, Oneonta, Loachapoka, and the list goes on.

9. You go dirt road riding to pass the time.

In your free time,you probably take a group of friends and go dirty up a truck on some dirt roads. Don't ask me why this is enjoyable, it just is.

10. You love your state and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Regardless of the number of tailgates you attend, the pot-luck suppers you take part in, and the number of sweet teas you drink per day, living in Alabama is something you'd just have to do to fully understand. We love our state and all of its traditions. God bless and ROLL TIDE!