You Know You Summer On Cape Cod When

You Know You Summer On Cape Cod When

May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes.

106
You Know You Summer On Cape Cod When
Krista Tierney

Having a summer home on the Cape is one of the greatest blessings. Every summer brings more experiences and memories, but there are always those few things that will always remind you of your summers there as soon as you cross the bridge. Here are some of the reasons you know you summer on cape cod:

1. Let's face it ... no matter what time you leave you will always be stuck in that dreaded cape cod traffic. But you oddly look forward to sitting in the traffic listening to music.

2. You don't mind waking up at 8 a.m. to go to the beach.

3. And speaking of the beach, you have a sticker on your car for the drive on beach.

4. You've had meaningful friendships with the ocean critters.

5. Collecting sea shells is a professional sport to you.

6. You have swam with seals before.

7. Shark Warnings no longer scare you.

8. And speaking of sharks, you celebrate shark week like it is a national holiday.

9. You know the best spots to watch the 4th of July fireworks.

10. You have swallowed a bug while riding on the bike trail.

11. You know all the best local ice cream places.

12. And the best secret places to eat.

13. You feel bad for people who have never experienced fried clams before.

14. You get snobby when eating a lobstahhh roll off Cape.

15. You own at least one Cuffys Sweatshirt.

16. Cape Cod baseball games are always on your agenda.

17. And so is the Wellfleet Drive-In.

18. You are always going to bonfires on the beach.

19. You wake up to the most beautiful sunrises and end your day with the most beautiful sunsets.

20. And you know that even when summer ends, you cannot wait to come back again because it truly is your favorite place that you call Home.

"The sand may brush off. The salt may wash away. The tans may fade but the memories will last forever."