You Are Stronger Than Anxiety

You Are Stronger Than What Your Anxiety Makes You Feel

You may seem and feel weaker to others but you are actually much, much stronger than you know.

14

You know the feeling all too well. The feeling of being overwhelmed. The mental exhaustion. The being happy and forgetting for just a split second and then it all hitting you like a wave of extreme pain and the familiar feeling of "oh yeah, I don't ever get a break from this." You're not alone and society this day and age has become a lot more understanding of that. Let me tell you: you are so so much stronger than people believe you are, even than what you believe you yourself are.

You undergo more stress than a normal person has to go through even on your relaxing days. You only have a split second, when you wake up in the morning, that you don't feel anything. Which is bliss, then it all comes to you like a massive wave engulfing your every breath. You tell yourself, "you are okay", "it could happen, probably won't though" and you start your day. You have heard and tried every trick in the book to reduce your anxiety to be bearable.

No other person has the right to invalidate your feelings or to tell you to get over it. The pain you feel is real, and that's what makes you strong. You act like it's all fine when you feel the opposite, and that's what makes you strong. You don't let anyone see your struggle and that's what makes you strong. You are strong.

One thing your anxiety has done is help you cope. You know how to deal, you know how to heal, you know how to move on. This has given you the ability that when a real struggle comes, one that even someone who doesn't suffer from anxiety might shudder at having to cope with, you know what to do to help yourself and others. This makes you a stronghold. It isn't fun, but you know how to help others when they need help. It makes you a giver when you feel you have nothing else to give. It makes you understanding when you can't understand yourself. It makes you empathetic. All of these makes people gravitate towards you. All of this makes you strong. And the sooner that you come to realize this, the sooner you will be able to regain your confidence and surprisingly, you will be able to cope even more with what you have.

You can do it, you are strong; find what helps you and cling to it. You are strong.