You Are A Valuable Spec Of Dust

The diameter of the universe is ninety-two billion light years. One light year is almost six trillion miles. To put these numbers in perspective, the earth's diameter is less than eight thousand miles in diameter. There's also speculation that multiple universes exist. If you're a visual person, take a look at this picture.

upload.wikimedia.org

Every minute detail of everything in this universe is incredibly intricate and diverse. Did you know that there are over sixty thousand species of trees? I couldn't picture that many different types of trees if I tried! But the Lord had a plan and the Lord wanted beauty on this Earth. Think of all the things that go unnoticed in God's masterpiece. The sunsets and the oceans get all the credit (and rightfully so). From the aroma of flowers to the nutrients of the plants to the dew on the morning grass, every detail was taken into consideration.

The fact that the universe is immensely ginormous and almost unfathomably large is not intended to demean your importance at all. Think about it. The same Lord who created this entire realm that we live in created those tiny features on you. From the creases that your eyes make when you smile to that random birthmark to the freckles on your face, the creator of all things made you that unique and special. He knitted you in your mother's womb, breathed air into your lungs, and delicately created you in his perfect image.

So, the next time you take a walk outside, observe the little details. Remember the plan the Lord has for every creature, big or small. Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" You are loved, cared for, sought out, and provided for. You are one of a kind.