Top 10 Yoga Retreats Around The World
Yoga

Top 10 Yoga Retreats Around The World

These beautiful yoga retreats will change your body and mind forever.

548

When practicing yoga, you should aim to calm the body and mind, relax your breath, and lift your spirits. New yoga studios are opening all over the world as the practice becomes trendy, but its history is rooted in ancient Indian tradition.

With such widespread interest, it's no surprise there are dozens of life-changing yoga retreats across the globe. Yoga is a practice of self-awareness and presence — sometimes the best place to practice this is far away from home. These yoga retreats were created for yogis looking to travel, experience something new, explore nature, and awaken their body and mind.

Ananda in the Himalayas

One of the most authentic yoga experiences you can find happens in Northern India. As the birthplace of yoga, India is bursting with incredible yoga retreats. This 100-acre luxury spa overlooks the Ganges River in Uttarakhand, India. Yoga teachers from all over the world have integrated ayurvedic techniques into a variety of offered classes. Guests can also explore nature hikes nearby, spa amenities, unlimited fresh fruit, cooking classes, and more.

Nihi Sumba Island

Nihi Sumba Island is a great getaway for yogis who love to surf. This island retreat is in Indonesia and is known for its smashing waves and gorgeous spas. Many renowned teachers teach at Nihi Sumba Island and some specialize in traditional yoga styles. This retreat is ideal for those looking to deepen their practice but also want to remain active. Some other activities include hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more.

Bamboo Yoga

Visiting teachers keep the classes flowing at Bamboo Yoga, located on Patnem Beach in Goa. Anything you can eat is organic and vegetarian, plus the stunning ocean views can't be beaten. The retreat is all-inclusive and includes sleeping accommodation, food, yoga classes, workshops, philosophy, and more.

Absolute Sanctuary

Located in the wellness capital of Thailand, Koh Samui, the Absolute Sanctuary is known for its gorgeous decor and close ocean access. Along with its breathtaking atmosphere, the yoga workshops at this retreat are known worldwide. The sanctuary offers classes for all skill levels varying in style. Book ahead of time before the classes fill up!

Yoga In The Wild

When you envision yourself traveling to a prime yoga retreat destination, Utah, USA may not come to mind. But don't overlook Yoga in the Wild at Goblin State Valley Park. This unique experience includes some hiking but the desert landscape makes for a one-of-a-kind flow setting.

Nautilus Boutique Hotel

The Nautilus Boutique Hotel is located on the shore of Santa Teresa, Costa Rica and incorporates surfing into its yoga workshop schedule. You'll begin every morning with a vinyasa flow followed by surfing lessons. There are several other excursions you can book too, but what's include is more than enough.

Silver Island Yoga

Located on a private island just north of Athens in Greece, Silver Island Yoga boasts world-famous instructors in a boutique hotel setting that can accommodate just 10 guests at a time. Enjoy daily yoga, homemade vegetarian meals, breathtaking views, snorkeling, kayaking, and other fun water activities.

Haramara Retreat

This retreat located just an hour north of Puerto Vallarta is a yoga lover's paradise in Sayulita, Mexico. Bask in the private, open-air cabanas that look out onto the coastline. Customize your package to include meals and excursions or stick to the basics and just flow.

Yasodhara Ashram

Kootenay Bay, British Columbia is an unexpected location for a yoga retreat but the area boasts breathtaking beauty paired with fresh mountain air. Yasodhara Ashram offers yogis a wide range of classes and retreats with varying flow styles and workshop lengths.

Kura Kura

Stay out of the big-city bustle but close to the action in Kura Kura. Located along the shoreline in Seseh, Bali, Kura Kura is within walking distance to most tourist destinations and local temples. Famous teachers from all over host the retreats in open-air rooms with gorgeous reviews. One of the most popular retreats is the Yoga for Life Retreat.

Most yoga retreats leave you feeling refreshed and ready for the next chapter. Pair an exciting travel adventure with one of the above yoga experiences and you're in for a life-changing trip.