Why Yes, I AM A Great Third Wheeler And Yes, I Love And Enjoy It

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

1580
Maddi Stauffer

As this might not be everyone most favorited and liked Friday night plans, you probably have caught yourself a couple times third wheeling and not even realizing. From personal experience, there are so many benefits from being able to third wheel your best friend and her boyfriend. But don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times I've wanted to throw up while hearing them talk about T.M.I. things, MORE THAN PLENTY.

But if you really think about it, your best friend's boyfriend is like yours, minus the actual relationship part a.k.a. the smooching. Speaking of your best friend's boyfriend, there are times he might be actually third wheeling you and your bestie as you make fun of him and he begins to pout. Man good times.

But let's not forget the number of times they try to set you up on a blind date with her boyfriend. "Hey we are going to meet one of *blanks* good friends at the bars and I decided that you have to come." "WOAH WOAH WOAH, I didn't agree to this... OK, well is he cute?" Then the same old outcome and you were sad at the end of the night when he ends up flaking or being one of the most attractive human beings in your life but having the shittest personalities, am I right ladies in the back.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride? No matter how hard you try, being the third wheel all the time has made you one of the pickest people ever. This is because you might also need the approval of your best friend and her boyfriend, and they are harder to please than your parents. But once you find that "person", they might as well be prepared to meet both sets of your "parents." However, you always are convinced that you'll never find anyone better than the relationship you have while third wheeling.

The big one.. the people you third wheel won't hurt your feelings unless you're just being a heartless bitch. Y'all are like a little family, Y'all stick together like Cheetah Sisters, Y'all make fun of each other without hesitation. If they are going to Waffle House on a Friday at 2 a.m. bet your booty that you'll be showing up there too. Y'all do everything together besides sleep, that's a tad weird.

The biggest plus of them all.. you're allowed to take advantage of being able to make fun of your best friend's boyfriend. You specifically know he hates country music, well what do you play? Country music that is correct. You're learning so fast. Or yelling at him for saying something mean to your bestie, that doesn't fly with my honey, OK??? Get an attitude one more time and I'll kick your a**.

This comes with the price you have to pay but you are their relationship mom and you've gladly accepted the position. If they ever have problems, you are their shoulder to cry on and man does your shoulder has lots of tears on them. It seems like every other day someone is complaining or being mean to someone and you are getting quite upset with it. If y'all can't play nice, don't play at all, remember that rule?

But in the end, until you meet that someone special, you better appreciate those two knuckleheads. They care about you a lot. Even though their PDA might be too much to handle, you still love them as much as they love each other.