YelloPain's "My Vote Will Count"

YelloPain's "My Vote Will Count"

Musical artist, YelloPain has released an inspirational music video with an important message everyone should learn.

47
YelloPain's "My Vote Will Count"
Photo from In2une Music

If you haven't heard of YelloPain, you're missing out. YelloPain is an up and coming musical artist that has created an amazing new song with a super important message. Your Vote Does Count. Within the song itself he explains, how the government works and why it's important to get your own vote and message out there. He takes us back to school and walks us through the different branches of government and how Congress makes the laws. He reminds people that in 2008 when you voted for the president, you were supposed to come back in 2010 and vote for Congress. He originally wrote the song back in January of 2020 with the title, "My Vote Don't Count." In a few different interviews he talks about how he used to not think the government and the president never impacted his day-to-day life. He learned how wrong that was and it inspired him to write this song. He later released another remixed version earlier this month and Sevyn Streeter joined him to create this masterpiece. It's gotten a lot of attention recently from major organizations including the Grammy's, VOTE.org, and more.

The music video starts by YelloPain overhearing a conversation in a barber shop about how their vote doesn't count. YelloPain immediately jumps into the conversation and teaches them about everything. He grabs his white board and marker and goes to work.

I had the amazing opportunity to talk to YelloPain yesterday and when asked if he defines himself as a political artist; he answered yes. But that he also sees himself as a fun artist and a inspirational artist and pretty much everything. At the end of the day, he's just a guy who knows the importance of voting and wants to make sure everyone is educated. He says this is arguably one of the most important elections that he's been apart of and he knows others will and do feel the same way. His song is meant to be a reminder, a motivation and an inspiration to get people out to the polls in November.

You can watch the full music video here.