Why New Year's Resolutions Are Good

Why New Year's Resolutions Are Good

My reasons for believing it's important to have goals set for the upcoming year.

763
Why New Year's Resolutions Are Good
10tv.com

It's that time of the year, or rather it's the beginning of a new year. 2017 is finally upon us, and just like every year, it is a time to turn over to a new chapter in the book of life. It's a time to reinvent ourselves as we claim, "New year, new me." Of course, a huge part of that is making resolutions. Unfortunately, the big problem with resolutions is that we often fail to actually fulfill them. For this reason, a lot of people refuse to make these resolutions because they know they won't come true. I, on the other hand, think resolutions are very important.

The way I see it, resolutions are goals set for the upcoming year, and just like goals they are good. I know they're hard to follow through because sometimes life gets in the way, and that's okay. Nevertheless, resolutions provide motivation to push ourselves and to better ourselves. Whatever the resolution is, it is healthy to have that something to work towards, or even to fantasize about, as long as it doesn't become an obsessive thought. Resolutions subconsciously also provide a sort of self reflection on our own life; where we are and perhaps where we'd like to be. It's okay if we're not exactly where we'd planned, it's never too late to change. Resolutions give that chance.

I have my list of resolutions done, some are easier than others, but nevertheless I'm excited to embark on this new journey. Happy 2017 everybody, I truly hope this is your year!