I Am a Yankee Candle Addict

I Am a Yankee Candle Addict

Hello, I'm James and I am a Wax Addict
815

So, many people have their hobbies throughout life. They can be anything from collecting cards, to painting, to reading. But mine is sort of unconventional.

I really really love burning candles and melting wax tarts....

Now, this addiction/hobby goes all the way back to probably early 2001. I was only 8 years old at the time.I don't remember what made me get hooked on to them but there is one brand in particular that I buy, and to be honest it is the only brand I buy.

Yankee Candle is my go to candle/ wax obsession company . The candles burn flawless and the scents they have are so authentic. I can remember being a little kid, going with my mother to the local hallmark stores inside our mall and running over to the Yankee Candle section and just sniffing the little wax tarts. They smelled, and still smell amazing!. I would beg my mom to buy me at least one or two. Back during this time, they only cost .99 cents per wax tart so, my mom would just give me a dollar or two and I would just pick out whatever scents I wanted.

From then on out, the wax tarts turned into a collection. In the past few years I have collected over 100 scents. Some are discontinued. Some are still being produced. I still buy them when I have the money.

As I got older, I started turning my obsession from wax tarts, to actual candles. I have about 15 large Yankee Candles Currently that I own. And they are all over the place. From Buttercream, to Clean Cotton, to True Rose. If you think of it, I probably have it in some sort of wax form.

I was talking to my best friend a while back. His hobby is talking about comic books and reviewing them. He was the one that gave me the extra push to take my passion and obsession to social media and sharing out with the world. To my surprise, I am not the only Yankee Candle addicted person out there. There are tons of people that share my love of scented wax.

I have a Yankee Candle outlet store about 30 minutes away from me. When I get time (which is rare) I drive over to it and see what new and interesting candles they have. Its sad to say but I never leave that store unless I have a shopping bag full of candles or wax tarts. The deals that outlets have are amazing.

This hobby is an expensive one. I have dropped 150 dollars on candles in the past. But to me, it is so worth it. The smells relax me. Seeing the flame move and have a mind of its own is something that also relaxes me. I recently just bought 15 more tarts. My friends thing im insane, but hey, if it makes me happy, that's all that really counts!

Candles are just something That I love to collect. I probably will keep collecting until I die. At least my house or apartment will always smell good!!