Christmas On a Budget

Christmas On a Budget

5 Ways to Celebrate the Season without Breaking the Bank

60
Christmas On a Budget
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/11/636485566991099835401577943_Happy_new_year_06463.jpg

It’s Christmastime, the most wonderful time of the year. It can also be a stressful time, however, when there are so many Christmas activities to do but your student budget only lets you do so much. There are still ways to celebrate the season without breaking the bank! Here are some ways to make some Christmas cheer cheaply this year.

1) Make Your Friends Christmas Cookies!

Gift giving is one of the most gratifying ways to celebrate the holidays. It can be hard when you are on a tight budget, though. One of the cheapest (and funnest) solutions is to make some Christmas cookies. Go to your favorite grocery store and grab some pre-made sugar cookies. You can order some cheap Christmas cookie-cutters off of amazon, and pick up some icing and food coloring. Spend an afternoon blaring your favorite Christmas hits and decorating your cookies. Pack them in some cute Christmas tins, and give them out to all of your friends. Not only are you spreading Christmas cheer, but you can have fun in the process.

2) Host a Christmas Movie Marathon

Do you want to see all of the new Christmas movies coming to theaters, but can’t afford the tickets? As an alternative, host a movie marathon with the classics at home. Grab some popcorn and soda, break out some cuddly Christmas blankets, and invite all your friends over. Pop in Love, Actually or Elf and spend time quoting all of your favorite lines with your favorite people.

3) Make Your Own Christmas Cards

Everyone loves receiving Christmas cards, and homemade ones are extra special. Grab some construction paper and markers from the store, and make your own personalized cards to send to your family and friends. If you want to go the extra mile, grab some red and green glitter to spice it up! They’ll be sure to make it to everyone’s mantle. This is also a fun activity to do with kids, so if you get stuck babysitting or needing to entertain some younger family members over the break, this is perfect!

4) Play $5 White Elephant with Your Friends

White elephant is always a fun game, especially when everyone gets joke gifts. Set a limit of $5 and challenge everyone to find a small, funny gift. Set a time to meet up and exchange your finds. Not only do you get to share a funny gift, you get to leave with one as well! Plus, you won’t have to worry about getting gifts for everyone in your friend group.

5) Make A Hot Chocolate Station in Your Neighborhood

If you want to do a small act of kindness, grab some hot chocolate mix and some Styrofoam cups and set up a hot chocolate station outside in your neighborhood or apartment complex. Write a sign on the stand that says “Free Hot Chocolate for some Christmas Cheer!” It’s a cheap and fun way to brighten everyone’s day, as well as a chance for you to get to know your neighborhood. If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can get some marshmallows, whipped cream, and sprinkles and make a hot chocolate topping station!