Xbox

Xbox

The latest and greatest shot made by Microsoft: Project Scorpio

15
Xbox
Brad Sams

The next generation is announced and with it a world of possibilities. Microsoft has set the launch at Holiday 2017. A revolution of gaming is coming and this will give console based games the edge against computers. Aaron Greenberg, Xbox head of marketing games has said “Xbox Scorpio marks the beginning of the end of traditional console life cycles for Microsoft." What could this possibly mean for the future of Microsoft Gaming?

The crown jewel of Microsoft has some pretty good baselines with the primary goal as setting up a family of devices. No longer will gamers have to worry about incompatibility. To start the games will soon be crossed between console and pc. Backwards compatibility has taken a few steps even across Windows 10. “Great thing is with Project Scorpio as part of #XboxOne family all your games will work, no Scorpio exclusives, so no one gets left behind.” said by Greenberg.

Microsoft has not just proposed the idea of making the strongest console, they are making it. Now for us nerds let’s talk about capabilities. To start out 6 Teraflops of Gpu power (computing power). 4k support (possibly uncompressed megapixels) with HDR support. Speculation has set the idea of 12GB of GDDR5 for RAM. Eight Cores of CPU was announced on the video from Microsoft.

4K resolution is the key to Virtual Reality and its time that consoles tap into the envy of PC gaming. The hardware in the Xbox is what will give the game developers the advantage on design. High-end VR with the resolution and power that will give gamers what the pre-gen consoles were lacking. Immersion in a game will lead to the better generations to come. Now that VR has come to consoles the forthcoming Virtual Reality possibilites are exciting.