5 Songs I Recently Discovered That Made Me Feel Things I Wasn't Ready For

Five songs I can't stop playing that hit me in all sorts of feels.

13
Photo by Burst on Pexels

1. "Oak Trees" — Daniel Nunnelee

I found this song on TikTok and the artist was explaining how he wrote it as a letter to his friends and family for when he dies. But it's a happy song, to make them feel comforted in the loss of him. I was reading the comments and someone mentioned how their family has been listening to it together as a family member passes before them. It is really sad when you read too much into it, but overall it is a really great song with happy vibes and a unique outlook on death.

2. "Visiting Hours" — Ed Sheeran

OK, I am not going to lie, this song kind of internally wrecked me when I first heard it. It's about wanting heaven to have visiting hours so we can visit and catch up with our loved ones that have since passed on. After a year where I have dealt with much loss, I found myself imagining how nice it would be to have one more conversation with my friend, one more game with my Nana, or one more lesson with my teacher. Overall, a really beautiful and touching song that I have been listening to on repeat.

3. "Happier Than Ever" — Billie Eilish

I literally have no right to relate to this song or to feel the way it makes me feel. But I am obsessed with it, namely the second half. She is such a powerful artist that I do feel like I have experienced her pain, but I have not and I am quite grateful for that. Definitely worth a listen whether you can relate to the romantic turmoil or not!

4. "Glue Myself Shut" — Noah Kahan

This song reminds me of how important it is to check in on those around me, but also myself. I think that it makes me realize how aware I need to be of my own emotions and what those around me are feeling and not being afraid to call to question out-of-character behavior. Not to mention that this is honestly an acoustic masterpiece.

5. "Moon" — Jonah Kagen

I like to consider myself a pretty original Jonah Kagen fan, but this song just makes me feel safe. It gives you warm energy and good vibes and reminds you that you're never alone. One of my favorite lines is "But I know that we are greater than the sum of our hearts", I just think that that is really beautiful. You should definitely give this song a good listen, but also his other songs that are out too!