You Done Did It, You Made The Wrong Decision

And now you are regretting every bit of the choice you made.

364
Allison Ward

I had a conversation with a friend over the summer and she was worried she made the wrong choice.

She was choosing between going to the University of Tennessee or the University of Kentucky. There was even a moment where she prayed that if she received a certain amount of scholarship money she would choose the University of Kentucky.

By this point in the summer she knew she received the scholarship money to go to UK, but still ended up choosing the University of Tennessee. To her, it seemed like, maybe, she missed her sign to go.

I can imagine in her mind the turmoil we all go through when we think we made the wrong decision. The back and forth, the what ifs, the domino effect of making one decision, and if this one choice is going to compromise all that fate could have for us.

Speaking for the majority of us, I think we all have made a decision we believe has derailed our lives.

I never wanted to go to college, I wanted to go to Hawaii to a missionary school. Did I think I was missing God's big plan for my life? Yes. Do I still do sometimes? Yes. Why would God give my friend scholarship money to a school she wanted and why did God give me admission to a school I'd never attend? We both had the choice to, but we did not go.

So, maybe our plans got derailed and we feel stuck.

But, His plans never get derailed.

We think so insignificantly about our lives in retrospect to the grander picture.

What is the grander picture of the "wrong decision" you made?

Either you have experienced it or someone else has mentioned the moment where you realize if you made a different choice you would be somewhere you would not want to be.

So, be patient.

It's the waiting game now. The waiting to see why the seemingly bad choice you made is going to eventually be the right choice. You'll be able to have your "Aha!" moment when a few days, months, or years pass, and you realize the choice you "should have" made would have put you in a situation you would not want to be.

Let me give you some relief, you may not know it, but you are right where you need to be.