Why Not Finishing Screenplays Turned Me Into Who I Am

Writing And Not Finishing Screenplays

We all do it?..Right?

118
Writing And Not Finishing Screenplays
Austin Williams

If you're like me and like to write things that you want to see on the big screen or small screen, you tend to start a screenplay and get far along and suddenly just..Stop.

Like nothing ever happened. What was it that made you stop? Did you lost interest? Why is writing more than a few line of dialogue so hard? Why do we have to feel as if we're not accomplished in doing so? Even though we are 50 pages deep into the movie, Aka 50 minutes screen time. We feel hopeless that this isn't going to work out like you thought it would. The mere existence is worthless now, and you start to feel week and unaccomplished. You have an urge to pull through and finish but...you can't.

You just can't.

That was me; that has always been me.

I, Austin Williams love to write and not finish screenplays.

Whether it'd be a friend and myself co-writing or just a screenplay by myself, I can never finish a screenplay. Out of the fifty some-odd ones that I have attempted, I have only finished one. One out of fifty good ideas that we or I had: one. One isn't enough; we all strive for more and more and more, but is that truly what we want? What do we see in ourselves and others that warrant wanting more? Stick to one idea and you'll be fine.

Apple stuck to it's guns and well...you're reading this on a mac aren't you?

Stick to one thing and you will be successful. Not saying that my one finished screenplay was successful but you get the idea. Life is one big stage and yada yada yada- we all heard that before. I write to have fun and get my thoughts out onto the screen or page, and if you ever read one of my many screenplays, you'll see a lot of me in the characters that I create and write. Maybe a change of pace is necessary. Perhaps it's time to switch from film to journalism. I can't stick to one thing, but that's my fault.

I am very glad to be here on Odyssey and was welcomed with open arms. Because we all know Hollywood wouldn't do that...