Finding Inspiration As A Writer

Finding Inspiration As A Writer

356
Finding Inspiration As A Writer
Grammarly

Odyssey is fantastic. I love writing, so I can write something fun or silly, or do a list of something if I experience a brain fart.

However, with million of writers posting articles everyday, how do I create original content? Yes, there are endless things to write, until you realize that four other people wrote about the same topic, with the same title.

The articles posted on Odyssey's Facebook page are very creative, and I struggle with that. Before I plan to write any article, I think about "Is this a popular topic and are there similar articles published?" 90% of the time, it's a yes. I only began writing recently but how does one get acknowledged in the remaining 10%?.

1. Will it appeal to my audience? What is the intended audience?

2. Why does this matter? What type of message does it send?

I wish I had more of an exciting life, so I could write about my extravagant adventures and greatest accomplishments.

I overthink a lot and put a lot of energy into what is something my audience would be interested in. How can I expand my horizons as a writer?

My first article was a listicle, because I was just getting started, until I found more ideas related to family, culture and concentrating on what makes me 'unique'. I hope that my future articles will continue to reflect the kind of person am I and that my experiences can inspire/bring change in a positive manner.

Don't get me wrong... those listicles are great for a good chuckle, but it doesn't leave you with anything life changing. In that manner, I love that Odyssey challenges me to expand outside the box and bring new ideas to the table, with every article.

It's not impossible, but it does require planning ahead and communicating with others to understand what they are interested in and what questions they would want someone to answer.

In the end, Odyssey is fun and my team at Syracuse is extremely supportive. As I publish every article, I see myself getting closer to my dream to build a career in Journalism.

On that note, thanks Odyssey for allowing others to share their voices with everyone and for pushing me every week to become a better writer.