21 Reasons Why Writing Will Always Be An Important Hobby To Me

It is the best way I can express how I feel.

717

It is common for people to have a hobby or many hobbies they like to do during their free time. It is a way for them to relax when they had a stressful day. Or people have a hobby or many hobbies to entertain themselves when they are bored. I enjoy writing during my free time.

For some people, writing is a task they do not like to do, and they wish they could avoid it. I disagree. Here are some ways writing can have an impact, and why I have such a passion for it:

1. I can stay calm.

Sometimes, I have a difficult time talking to people in person because I get nervous.

2. I do not get bored.

When I am tired of watching TV, this is another way I like to spend my free time.

3. My interest in writing started while I was in middle school. Then it continued throughout high school.

I began writing my own songs. Then, I began to have an interest in writing poetry. I was able to write creatively for the public speaking class I had in high school.

4. My passion for writing gets stronger.

It is true that everyone has a story to tell. I would like to tell my story, and other interesting stories through poetry, novels, and short stories.

5. Listening to music is a tool that helps me to think about what to write.

Music and writing are two peas in a pod. If I am having writer’s block, I listen to music to help me think of ideas.

6. Songs that you hear from your favorite artists are basically poetry in disguise.

If I wanted to try to write more songs, all I would have to do is look at the poems I wrote, and what I wrote for the public speaking class for inspiration.

7. Prove to myself that I have talent.

I can be hard on myself, and feel like I am not good enough. Sometimes, I would like to give up. But of course, I do not. I write about what people have told me, and how that has made me feel. I realize that it is important I make myself proud and prove people wrong.

8. Let people know, it is not possible to please everyone.

If you try to please everyone, you will lose sight of who you are, and be disappointed that you were not yourself from the beginning. People will either love you or hate you; the same goes for writing.

9. My voice should be heard.

I try to avoid controversy because I do not like being the center of attention. But I have a voice for a reason, and I should not be afraid to speak up.

10. Be an inspiration for the feeling of hope.

There are many negative stories you hear in the news about issues such as racism, politics, and violence. It is important to be informed about these issues. But there are stories that would make you smile. I would like to show people, “Not everyone in the world is bad.” There needs to be a balance of good and bad stories on the news.

11. Speak up against bullying.

All types of bullying have negative consequences for the victims. They end up questioning their worth, and they feel alone. I would like to show people that they do not deserve to feel this way, and it is important to be supportive of them.

12. Speak up against discrimination and racism.

No one deserves to be discriminated against because of how they look. We are all human, and we deserve to be treated equally. We may look different. But we all bleed the same.

13. Help eliminate stereotypes, that are in the media.

Not everything you see on TV is true. Everyone is different. We all have likes and dislikes. We should be embracing the diversity we have in this country. If we were all the same, that would be boring.

14. It is normal to disagree with opinions people have.

Discussions should not escalate to violence. It is possible to have calm discussions.

15. Prove why love, over hate, is a better and safer option.

Hating people takes a lot of energy, and the result usually ends with a huge tragedy, and tears.

16. Prove why having a wage gap is ridiculous.

Men and women should be paid equally. They both work hard to earn money, to survive in this world.

17. It is normal to have negative thoughts. But it is possible to change your way of thinking.

People have said that I can give off positive vibes. However, I struggle with thinking positive. Being consumed by negative thoughts will not be beneficial to you. If you want change to happen, you must work at it every day to achieve it. There are 10 interesting ways to begin and continue the process of positive thinking according to lifehack.org.

18. Encourage people to travel.

Traveling helps you to be educated about different cultures, and get out of your normal routine of going to the same place. Being stuck in the same routine will eventually get boring.

19. Thank people who have been there for me.

I would not be where I am without them. I love learning about wisdom from others in life, and I always appreciate the support I get when I am at my worst.

20. Share my perspective on being in a relationship.

There is nothing wrong if you are comfortable being single. You do not need to rush to find love. It will come to you. It will be better to be friends with someone a long time before taking the next step.

21. Learn not to hold grudges.

This is a problem many people struggle with. I struggle with this too. We need to realize that holding on to the pain someone brought in your life is only destroying yourself. Forgiving them for yourself will release some of the pain. Do not forget what they did to you. They taught you a valuable lesson on the type of people you would like in your life.