5 Worst Things About Living In a Dorm

5 Of The Worst Things About Living In A Dorm

Have you ever wanted to go to bed early?

66
https://assets.rbl.ms/18330612/980x.jpg

After 3 years, I can definitely tell you that there are some pretty annoying things that happen when you live in a dorm.

1. You barely know who you live with

Freshman year, you get this idea that your roommates are going to become your best friends. By year 3, you've already established who your friends are and so you barely get to know your roommates.

2. The noise

Like around 9 or 10 o'clock?

Don't even bother trying because at most dorms there is so much noise that even if you do get to sleep — you'll be awake in a few hours from either the sound of a group of people loudly talking outside your window or your roommate talking on the phone because the walls are paper thin.

3. Roommate agreements

Roommate agreements get old fast. Year one, you really think and contemplate your answers. Year three, just don't disrespect me and we will be cool.

4. Fire safety meeting/drill

This is another one that gets old fast. Fire safety meetings are the exact same every year. We get it, don't smoke or light candles in the dorms.

5. The air conditioning 

I have never lived in a dorm that had an air conditioning that worked well 100 percent of the time. In South Carolina, it is hot for most of the year and when a dorm air conditioning is set on 60, you'd be lucky if the room temperature gets down to 80.

Even though this might seem like a lot to hate about the dorms, I actually really like living in them. They definitely have pros and cons, but I guess you can gauge my overall opinion from the fact that I still live in them.