How Seeing The World As A Stage Has Changed My Perception Of Reality

What if fate was real? What if something else controlled the world around you?

28
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv77xNGlTUK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

What if the world was a stage? And the spirits, always watching are the audience?

We are the actors, acting in a play we all believe revolves around us.

What if stories were true?

What if every character - from the orphans in Narnia to a boy who pulled a sword out of stone - came alive just as gods did. If they manifested in someone's imagination, then they are real. They are just as alive as the memory that exists in people's minds. When that memory is forgotten, are the gods? The gods become just more people given a stage with which they have no purpose to perform anymore - their act long overdone.

The world is the stage in which humanity performs on while the spirits and gods gleefully watch. There are the insignificant ones, those people who never cause a stir. Those people are the ones who live their lives and die, only to be forgotten.

However, there are those who make ripples who bend the world to their lives. These people are actors. True performers who play to the audiences so that they may hold the spotlight. With attention comes power and with power comes narrative weight.

To normal people, it's as if nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

However, those who are aware of the play and those who have been "awakened" - can see the spirits and the supernatural which is hidden to everyone else. A whole new world lays on top of ours just hiding in plain sight but clearly seen by those who can truly "see."

Magic, spirits, and the supernatural are known in the world. They are not a secret hidden from humanity. These beings are only unknown news reports. General knowledge is lost to those who aren't "awakened." They can't understand or see what creatures might be in front of them.

Stories become real, myth walks among us and ideas define the world.