We Are Living In The World Of Social Media

When you picture your daily routine, you see yourself doing regular things such as work and going out for coffee with a friend. What you probably aren't thinking of is social media. However, it's funny because when you do, you realize that you probably Snapchat and Instagram it all.

Everyone documents their day to day life with social media. I do it. You most likely do it too. I'd be a hypocrite if I was saying that you should completely stop doing this, because I know I won't (not permanently, anyway). It's our world today. We are living in a world of social media.

When you really think about it, you realize that we do this because we want to show off our lives. Yes, it's all self-centered. We all want to post the best pictures with the best filters and the best captions. It's to get views, likes, and comments. There's no denying it.

Our lives don't just belong to us. They belong to all of our friends on social media. This is no longer an individual, self-driving world. Everyone wants everyone else to see what they are doing. It's the way of life, now.

Sure, many people use social media in a positive way to spread a good word, but at the end of the day, social media is used in a self-centered way. Am I saying that this is a terrible thing? Am I saying that we need to stop this? I'm not sure, because our lives are so consumed by pictures. It's part of our lifestyle in this age.

What I am saying is that we need to realize this. By realizing how our world is social media, we can then decide how we want the future to be. Whenever there is a problem, the first step is always acceptance. Accepting what the problem is, acknowledging that it's there. It's important that we do this because social media does cause many problems. It negatively impacts self-esteem, use of time, cyberbullying, and more. However, there are positives to it too.

Our world is controlled by social media. If this is something you haven't thought about, then hopefully now you will. We should all realize this. Do we want our future to change?