A World Full of Somebodies

A World Full of Somebodies

A possible world peace solution?

359
A World Full of Somebodies
TheVirtualDenise
Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody. ~Kid President

Can we make this our new national anthem? Please? I love this! Can you even imagine if this is how we all lived our lives? I want to propose one result: there wouldn't be any more school shootings.

I don't think there'd be any more shootings period.

If we were constantly considering how everybody is a somebody -

no matter their race,

no matter their religion,

no matter their personality,

no matter their talents or lack thereof,

no matter what hurtful thing they did to us,

no matter our feelings -

I think this world's news would sound a lot different.

I think our hearts would look a lot different.

Sure, there are some people out there who have such rough outsides it's hard to find and bring out the good in them. But I think if we were all honest with ourselves, there are some rough things about each and every one of us that we have been very blessed to have people put up with. We've been blessed with support systems and resources that have helped us with our rough situations. Not everyone has that.

If we were always looking for ways to celebrate others and make them appreciate themselves, I think there'd be fewer suicide victims.

I think we'd be finding more cures to disease, more options for our government, more brilliant inventions if we were encouraging others to use their strengths.

I think there'd be less pride in our own abilities and more reliance on others.

At the same time, there'd be less insecurity and less pressure to maintain an image if we weren't under the impression that we needed to earn our "somebody" status.

All in all, I think this quote sums it up.

All the problems, the unrest, the despair, and tension.

It all comes down to mentally and actively making this world full of somebodies.

And it's something that every single person can do on their own to make a difference.

No government action needed.