Working with your best friend is like nothing you've ever experienced before.
You might think your friendship has seen it all, and you might think your friendship won’t change because of it. However, until you actually get to work with your other half, you will never quite understand how much of a blessing (and a curse) it is to see their faces every day.
Here are 17 things that happen when you work with your best friend:
1. Your coworkers and managers will get you confused.
2. It is inevitable that you show up wearing the same outfits at least once a week (most likely at least the same shoes or color schemes most days).
3. Customers and coworkers both will think you’re related.
4. If the other isn’t working, people will ask where she is and you will be able to look up her exact location and tell them down to the coordinates.
5. You will constantly wonder when you’ll get fired because the two of you definitely get distracted easier when you’re together.
6. But at the same time, you’ll work so well together you can finish both of your assigned duties in record time.
7. You share side work, opening work, and closing work.
9. Even when you don’t carpool, you hop in each other’s cars before your shift starts to prepare yourselves for what’s ahead.
10. You get to make light of difficult customers together.
11. If they’re coming in to work after you, you have a built in coffee delivery pal.
12. On that same note, you have someone who can bring you coffee when you’re running a little late, or just don’t want to get out of bed in time.
13. Your coworkers will probably hate working with the two of you together.
14. There will be a “pre-work” playlist you listen to before your shifts.
15. The two of you will think you’re bringing entertainment to your coworkers, when probably you’re just annoying everyone (Are we really not as funny as we think we are?)
16. The work inside jokes mix with the growing up inside jokes which mix with the regular inside jokes...really you just joke a lot.
17. You realize how great it is working with your best friend, and you wouldn't have it any other way.
Working with your best friend can really be the greatest experience (or the worst, depending on the day).
From my own experience, I can only say I am so thankful I get to see her on a regular basis, and we have only grown closer from working together. Although, I'm sure our coworkers don't have as many positives to say about us. (Sorry to everyone who has to work with us).