9 Songs That Are A Must For Any Work Day Playlist
Music

These songs are like that one friend you have who is able to take any drab and bland situation and turn it into something truly worth living for.

59

As long as people are literally dying (or just doing obviously dumb stuff), lifeguarding can have the tendency to become a bit boring.

Especially when there are only like two people in the pool.

And have been only two people.

For like two hours.

Gah.

ANYWAY. Music is something that can kick us in the head and really help keep us attentive and alert. But of course, it is still a job where the music is being played. It's not like we can bust out some Eminem, Avenged Sevenfold, or Korn. For some reason, patrons aren't always a fan of that.

But classics… classics have that title for a reason. And when you hear the start of one after standing around for an hour watching one person, it brings a joy to your soul that I really can't describe.

However, I don't know if everyone considers these next few songs to be "classics". But whatever you consider them to be, they rightfully deserve a place on your playlist.

1. "All Star" by Smash Mouth. 

Our big green friend is who we have to thank for this classic. I dream about having a bread like that. I'm not saying what kind of dreams though...

2. "Africa" by Toto.

The Wheezer version is legit, but you can't beat the OG song. I hope to see the blessed rains of Africa with my own eyes.

3. "Fireflies" by Owl City.

Owl City had so much talent, and their songs were literally whatever I thought about when thinking of my crushes way back when.

4. "What Is Love" by Haddaway.

The voices in this are what I want to wake up to every morning--preferably welcoming me with a big bowl and warm chocolate. Hot chocolate is too much for me when it's early.

5. "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen. 

Have you seen this music video? Hell, I wouldn't mind the guy to call me maybe. Seriously, hmu. We can go hang or something.

6. "Friday" Rebecca Black. 

If anyone can make the lyrics, "It's Friday, Friday | Gotta get down on Friday | Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend | Friday, Friday | Gettin' down on Friday | Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend" work, it's not Rebecca Black. However, I still give her props for trying and hearing this song come over the speakers gives me hope I too can try at the impossible.

7. "Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver.

I have NEVER wanted to visit West Virginia, nor do I think I ever will. #sorrynotsorry

But this song.. this song NEARLY makes me rethink that.

8. "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.

At one point I had most of this videos YouTube URL memorized.

9. "Hotline Bling" by Drake.

Maybe if I watch this enough I'll be able to learn how Drake makes his swag so, swaggy.