A Few Words From A 19 Year-Old Christian in Today's World

A few words on how I feel in today's world.

22

Hello all. You may be surprised to hear from me, but I have some things to say.

To the pride community: No, I do not believe in homosexual marriage. I do not believe that someone is born with the "wrong" gender. No, I am not homophobic, transphobic, etc. While I do not agree with these things, I will not condemn you because you choose to believe these things. When Jesus came to this world he changed it with His love and not His condemnation. He is known for His amazing grace and that's what I want to be known for as well. I want to be known for the love I show others.

No, I do not believe in the modern feminism movement: God did make man and female equally. However, we are all unique. Males and females have unique characteristics that separate them from the opposite sex. I am a female and I do not think that females should be allowed to do every single thing that a man can do. There are things that men do that women cannot and/or should not do. Just as there are things that women do that men cannot and/or should not do. God made us unique for a reason. I believe that wives should submit to their husbands as man is the head of the household. "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything." Ephesians 5:23-24. Feminism used to be about pushing for the right to vote, etc. Since when did it turn into women walking in marches naked, dressed in vagina costumes, etc?

I am a sinner: I have sinned. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and saved me. I am perfect in God's eyes, just as you are. When I see the oceans and mountains I can't help but be humbled knowing that the amazing God who made all of the Earth also thought that I was worth making and putting here. He thought you were worth it too.

Don't let one bad Christian encounter ruin the rest of us: You see it time and time again. Someone had a bad encounter with a Christian and now they think all of us are the same. Or maybe it's you that thinks that. Like anyone else in this world we can misinterpret and/or be led astray. And yes, there are hypocrites. Like I said above, we have all sinned, including me. In the Bible we see the Pharisees condemning sinners, but we see Jesus loving them. It was Jesus who changed the world, not the Pharisees. He loved. I strive to be live like Jesus and love others.

And no, I'm not making this stuff up, we are commanded to love others and here are some verses that come to mind about it.

-"Let all that you do be done in love" (1 Corinthians 16:14, NASB).

-"Above all, keep loving each other earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sin" (1 Peter 4:8)

-"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32)

-"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: You shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Galations 5:14)

Christians often get a bad reputation. There have been times where someone has automatically wanted to either stop talking to me or argue with me simply because they found out I was a Christian. I try my best to follow God's Word, but I tend to fall short. I have sinned just like everyone else has sinned. I know that. But what sets me apart is that I know and believe that I have a Savior who died on the cross for me so that one day I can join Him in Heaven. He died for you too. Let that sink in. There was someone who sacrificed His life and suffered for you, so that you could one day join Him in Heaven. I want to live my life like Jesus. I want to be known for my love. I want others to see His amazing grace and love through me. I am a 19 year-old Christian, and I am proud to stand with God, even when it is the unpopular thing to do.