Words Every Woman Needs to Read and Believe

620

College is full of women from all different backgrounds, with different beliefs and personalities, but one common denominator between all of us is an undeserving lack of self-worth. This lack of self-worth is not related to how many people a woman has slept with, or how many boyfriends she has had, it is not about anyone other than her. It is about her not seeing all she is deserving of and accepting nothing less. It is about her waiting for the friendship and the love she desires, and not settling for convenience and unfulfillment.

I have composed a list of quotes that represent how we, as women, should see ourselves, and how the men we deserve see women.

"You are a hurricane of a girl; remember to breathe every once and a while, do not drown within your own storm." -Emma Bleker
"If you live off a man's compliments, you'll die from his criticism." -Cornelius Lindsey
"Either they like you or they don't. Never try to convince somebody of your worth. If a person doesn't appreciate you, they don't deserve you. Respect yourself and be with people who truly value you." -Brigitte Nicole
"Anybody who doesn't make you feel good kick them to the curb. And the earlier you start in your life, the better." -Amy Poehler
"To thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare
"Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them." -Ziad K. Abdelnour
"Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening." -Lisa M. Hayes
"When someone treats you like you're just an option, help them narrow their choice by removing yourself from the equation. Sometimes you have to try not to care, no matter how much you do. Because sometimes you can mean almost nothing to someone who means so much to you. It's not pride — it's self-respect. Don't expect to see positive changes in your life if you surround yourself with negative people. Don't give part-time people a full-time position in your life. Know your value and what you have to offer, and never settle for anything less than what you deserve." -Marc Chernoff
"The biggest coward is a man who awakens a woman's love with no intention of loving her." -Bob Marley
"I want to apologize to all the women I have called beautiful before I've called them intelligent or brave. I am sorry I made it sound as though something as simple as what you're born with is all you have to be proud of, when you have broken mountains with your wit. From now on I will say things like you are resilient, or you are extraordinary not because I don't think you're beautiful but because I need you to know you are more then that." -Rupi Kaur