Wonder Woman Review: Love's Power And War's Devastation

The newest DC flick provides insight about good versus evil and lives up to its high ratings

16
Google

It's time a female super hero film emerged among the latest Marvel releas"Wonder Woman" is one of the few movies that captivated my attention for a complete two hours and 21 minutes. The film truly lives up to its reputation and 92 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Although it's an action flick, there's a minimal amount of violence and the fighting scenes do not take away from the overall narrative. These scenes also contained well-designed special effects and slow motion, which created suspense. Furthermore, humorous lines appear in various scenes and add comedic relief to the film's intensity. The narrative was engaging and moved along. Dull moments rarely arose.

"Wonder Woman" effectively illustrated the realities of war. Pilot and spy Steve Trevor at one point told Diana that the British peopled lived in No Man's Land because the Germans would shoot them I'f they tried to cross the trench. In addition, Diana was sad that innocent people, including children, died and that marksmen shot their victims without knowing who they actually were. The movie reminds viewers that wars are brutal and that people fight for survival, even if it means some must perish.

Diana can inspire many people today because she commits to her task, even when others persuade her to give up. She also puts others first and never does anything for her own benefit. Diana doesn't even let her mother halt her pursuit of justice. She demonstrates courage throughout the narrative and frequently takes risks that endanger her life.

Diana's fight with Ares demonstrates how people can overcome evil if they push past dark forces and seek light. People in our world today may convince us to act dishonorably, but we must uphold integrity, overcome pressure , and act honorably.

The villains in "Wonder Woman" show how selfishness and corrupt thinking can motivate people to commit terrible crimes––the same sort of thinking that has caused other great conflicts in history and turned families and friends against each other.

Lastly, “Wonder Woman” conveys how humans are naturally sinful and no amount of wishful thinking can change that. Even the most loving people cannot transform the most malicious––each person is independent must choose good themselves. However, those who show kindness and mercy can catalyze change and transform the world around them. In the end, Diana learned that she can fight against evil, even although she cannot completely destroy war.