I Wonder...

I am about to let a big secret out of the bag. I, a seemingly ordinary 21-year-old college student, fiancé and mom… am Wonder Woman.

I figured this out the other day as I went about doing all of my normal activities. Let me explain it a bit better.

I woke up that morning, I wondered where I had put my glasses down at, after I stood up and wondered why I still couldn’t see anything. Then, as I got dressed I made a to-do list in my head of the errands, assignments, and other possibly mind numbing tasks I needed to do. Once I put my hair up in a ponytail & got my shoes on, I realized I had forgotten about eating breakfast. I left for class, hoping I wouldn’t be late. I also wondered if I would be starving by the time criminology was over. (I was.) Throughout my classes, I wondered if my professors were going to call on me, wondered about assignments I hadn’t done yet, and I wondered if my school day was over yet.

I ran a few of my errands, and then I wondered what I was going to eat when I got home. When I stopped by Kum & Go to grab a drink I noticed that one of my tires needed air. I wondered if I would remember to check air pressure the next time I was there. I got home and then found some food to make. I went to start on homework, and then wondered how much I would get done. I remembered that I needed to pay bills. I wondered about my fiancé’s work schedule. I wondered if my daughter had gotten her new belt stripe at Tae Kwon Do while she was at her mom’s house. I wondered if I would stay up too late that night. I accomplished very little homework doing this. I wound up giving up on homework for the moment, and did a few of the mind numbing tasks on my list; The ones I could remember anyway, and then I wondered where I put the list at. I cleaned up my desk a bit, and wondered if I would ever find my lucky mechanical pencil, or my blue sticky notes.

Without boring you with the rest of my day, I will skip to the part where I discovered my secret:

It was night time, I was laying in my bed watching The X-Files and looking at stuff on my phone. I wondered if I really wanted to get up to plug my phone into the charger. I was comfy and didn’t really want to move, and one of my dogs was under the blanket softly licking the top of my foot and it felt cute. I wondered if I moved and then came back quickly would he start doing it again? I wondered if I was going to fall asleep early or still be up for several hours. I wondered if we had any sweet tea left. And that’s when it hit me, as much as I wonder about things, I must be Wonder Woman!

I live in wonder. Most everything I do is to work towards my future goals, or planning for things that will happen in the future. Most of my life is about focusing on the future. It gives me many different things to wonder about. Sometimes it makes it a big hard to live in the present. I always have to be working on something, working on my next step in this life. Being dormant isn’t something I do. I somehow manage to remember a huge amount of things, and balance quite a few tasks out. I’ve even been told that I make it look easy. But, most of what I do is just pushing forward and wondering.

Just like right now; I sit here typing this light hearted little article out, wondering if you will find it even just a bit funny too…