To The Woman Who Marries My Brother

To The Woman Who Marries My Brother

I am ready for a new big sister.
83

To The Woman Who Marries My Brother,

First I would like to say, welcome, I have known you for almost eight years of my life and I could not think of a better person to walk down the aisle and make an everlasting promise to my big brother. I know he can be a prankster and stubborn most of the time but I know that you two will make endless and humorous memories that will last a very long time.

We are less than 30 days until the big day and it is nerve-wracking, stressful and all at once.

You are officially joining my family, but I considered you to be family since I was 15 years old. I have come to you for advice on college, on boys and you are the one that was swindled in teaching me how to drive.

I want you to know that you mean so much to me but not as much as you mean to my older brother. It takes a lot to bring down walls in my family and we only let a few people into our hearts so you are very special to come into ours.

You are patient and kind and you are the big sister that I have always wanted. I hope that after you marry my brother, our relationship as sisters will grow tremendously.

Now I know I am just 21 and have never been married before but if I could give some advice on marriage for you two it would be, to take one minute of silence and look into each other's eyes every once in a while. I know it sounds weird but it will help you two reconnect on busy weeks or as you get older and need little reminders on why you got married.

To the woman who marries my brother, you are in a world of endless laughter, pranks, stupid arguments and Dragon Ball Z marathons. You will need to update yourself on all the latest anime as well as some of his favorite video games. Personally, I would love to see you play one of the games.

I hope that even though both my little sister and I will be away at college, you will still come to see us every now and then. You have been a real support to me and my family and I am truly grateful for that.

So this is an advance toast to the bride and groom, I wish you many wonderful years and I cannot wait to see what you have planned in your future.

From Your New Sister