Wishes For My Friend Studying Abroad

Wishes For My Friend Studying Abroad

Here's to all the new memories and friends you will make along the way.

78642
Wishes For My Friend Studying Abroad
https://unsplash.com/photos/r4He4Btlsro

Hey friend!

Well, the time has finally come. After months of planning, preparing, and anxiously awaiting, you’re finally starting your journey abroad!

While I’m excited for you, I am a little sad you won’t be around. You won’t be there to walk to class with, eat endless bowls of cereal with, or explore the city with. While I can adapt, it will definitely be different not seeing you every day.

But what kind of friend would I be if I dwelled on that? You’re going abroad, and I am so excited for you! You're about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime, and I cannot wait to see and hear all about it through Instagram pictures and Skype dates. So before you fly away and become a cultured, world-traveling, amazing individual, let me leave you with some parting thoughts and wish you the best on your journey ahead.

I wish you an easy transition. Just like when you first went to college, your life abroad will take some adjustments. You’re going to be living in a new place, speaking a new language, and adapting to a new culture. There might be times where you’re nervous or homesick. Remember that it might take some time, but you’ll get there. Everyone back home, myself included, will be rooting for you all the way.

I wish you the courage to try something new. Never will you be handed so many opportunities then during your time abroad. Try using the native language despite the possibility of embarrassing yourself. Try ethnic foods you would have never dreamed of tasting. Step outside your comfort zone and see what happens.

I wish you the spirit of exploration. You’re going to be in a brand new place, so explore it! Visit all the sites, hidden gems, and locations that will take your breath away (I’ll be expecting pictures). Sure, you're going abroad to study, but you're also going abroad to experience new places. The world is your campus now, so go out there and see it.

And finally, I wish you the happiest time of your life. Life is filled with stress, drama, and problems. Here's your chance to escape all that. Live each of your days abroad to the fullest. Be present in each and every moment. I can't wait to see all the pictures of you smiling and having the time of your life. And I'm sure there will be many of them!

Well, this is it. Grab your ticket, step onto the plane, and get ready. Your adventure is beginning.

I’ll miss you, I hope you have the best time of your life, and I’ll see you soon.