Winter Essentials For The Traveling Woman

Make your trip a winter delight.

133

Winter travel is a crucial thing that makes you think what to pack and what’s not because the mass and dimensions of the clothes increase. Even if you are carrying less number of pairs, more amount of space is required to accommodate things, including some winter essentials as well such as the thermal innerwear, gloves, socks, etc.

Travel is a thing that always brings excitement along, no matter whether its summer or winter, travel plans always bring the smile on everyone’s face. Undoubtedly, we would be ready to carry some extra baggage because of winters, but make sure to keep our travel plans intact.

So, let’s talk about some must-have travel essentials to carry along in the winter season (let’s say if you are planning a week’s trip).

Clothes While Traveling

It’s always a good idea to wear the heaviest pieces of your winter luggage while traveling. That includes:

1. A long overcoat or a bulky jacket that can eat up a lot of space in your luggage.

2. Innerwear warmers, full-sleeves upper warmer and full-length leg warmer to save the space in luggage.

3. A pair of heavy winter boots to gain the double advantage of protecting the feet from cold and also to keep the luggage light.

4. A pair of warm winter socks.

5. A pair of winter gloves to keep the hands warm and save space in luggage.

A Pair of Winter Boots

A pair of women winter boots is one of the most important winter travel accessories because that is something that keeps you going, and makes sure that how comfortable you feel while walking or traveling.

If feet are not protected well in the winter season, you may come across some unlikely feet problems that can ruin both your health and trip such as swollen or achy feet, callouses & corns, dry cracked skin, fungal infections, etc.

Go for a pair of winter boots that consume less space and remains light on luggage in comparison to other traditional snow boots. OTBT Fanfare is one the best winter boot that is actually a fusion of snow and winter boot. It looks like a lightweight winter boot, but provides the utility of a hard-core snow boot that is waterproof and come with a heat retaining sock.

Know more about the packing of right winter shoes by clicking here: 9 Winter Shoes all Women Should Pack Now

Warm Clothes – Make sure to Mix and Match

Winter clothes consume more space, so it’s pretty impossible to carry the different pair of clothes every time you change. In this case, it is wise to go for clothing that can be mixed and matched.

1. Make a pair of black and blue denim your basic bottom wear that can be paired up with different overcoats and sweaters.

2. You can carry a long/short warm skirt to keep up with the variety and increasing the options for mixing and matching.

3. Three sweaters of different kinds such as a turtleneck pullover, a cardigan, and a long sweater dress are enough to pack in the luggage, apart from the one you are wearing below the overcoat or jacket while traveling.

4. Carry 3 full-sleeved tops along in the luggage apart from the one you would be wearing while traveling. The tops will go below the pullover sweater or cardigan and can be repeated as there would not be any problem of sweat and smell.

Essential Thermals

Thermal innerwear is a must to make you feel warm and cozy, no matter how cold the temperature outside.

1. Carry a full sleeved and a sleeveless thermal innerwear along in the luggage apart from wearing a full sleeved thermal innerwear while traveling. Two pieces of thermal innerwear would be enough for a week’s vacation and let you change the one you are wearing already, in the middle of the trip.

2. Carry at least 4-5 pairs of warm lightweight socks along in the luggage, it’s always good to carry some extra pairs as sometimes they get wet.

3. Carry an extra pair of gloves along in the luggage even if you are wearing a pair already while traveling. Two pairs would be enough to get you through a week’s long winter vacation.

Winter Accessories

No matter what the season is, accessories are a woman’s best friend while traveling to accentuate style and bring them closer to look like a diva.

Some of the essential winter travel accessories include:

Warm/ woolen scarfs - Wrap the warm winter scarf around your neck and you are good to hit the streets in winters in style.

Caps/ Ear covers – Caps and ear covers are a must to have to protect your head and ears from freezing air. Go for a fancy winter cap or ear cover to stay stylish and protected at the same time.

Jewelry – Some suitable jewelry pieces such as necklaces and earrings can do wonders for a simple look in winters. Eg. If you are keeping the same tone for the whole attire, wear a contrasting neckpiece to create a beautiful contrast and accentuate the look. Jewelry will give a glam and color to the whole look.

A nice belt – If you are in a mood to show off your waistline below the long overcoat, a smart belt can do the trick. It will attract eyes to catch your waistline and glam up the look instantly.

These were some of the must-have women winter essentials to stay warm, stylish and enjoy the winter trip to its fullest. The essentials might change a bit depending on the temperature and extent of winter where you are traveling.

Just make sure to carry them all and make your winter vacation a delight, till then happy vacations!!!