7 SOUPer Soup Recipes To Keep You Warm This Winter

These are some soup-er dishes for any occasion.

1867

Soups are one of my favorite dishes in general, but now that it's winter, they're even more popular at home! Soups can be paired with holiday dinners or be a simple lunchtime leftover to enjoy! Here are seven soups you should definitely try at home this winter. Click on the linked titles to go to the recipe!

1. Baked Potato Soup

Baked Potato Soup is a downright classic! This soup is delicious and very creamy. especially because of all the potatoes added in. Baked Potato Soup has many variations of itself, so it's awesome trying to find your favorite. Personally, I love adding onion, garlic, and bacon to mine!

2. Pho

Pho is a delicious Vietnamese soup that my family loves to eat! Whether it's at home or in Vietnamese restaurants in different cities, I love trying different versions of pho! This soup takes some more commitment because there are a few Asian spices and vegetables you have to go out of your way to get. However, the end result will be worth it!

3. Oxtail Soup

Oxtail soup is mouthwatering dish that's popular in my Chinese-American family. One thing that makes this soup stand out is the use of oxtail, which I don't find in many soups. It's also not has heavy or creamy as most American soups, so you can perfectly pair it with your dinner! This soup definitely deserves a try!

4. Lentil Soup

Lentil soup is one of my most favorites! I really enjoy the texture of the soup. Additionally, the lentils and flavoring are so delicious, in addition to being super healthy. It's the perfect feel-good winter soup to try in December.

5. Butternut Squash Soup

This soup is one of my favorites to have with a holiday meal. It feels super fancy, while being generally simple. Even though this soup is more fall-oriented, this is still a great, warm soup to comfort you during the colder weather.

6. Chili

I love chili because it has a delicious flavor, plus a bunch of ingredients that I enjoy. The spices give the soup an amazing aroma. The beef and vegetables mix together so well for a filling lunch or dinner. Also, when I make fries at home, I can add chili (and cheese) to them to make one of my favorite comfort foods, chili cheese fries.

7. Eight Treasure Congee

This soup-like porridge is another delicious Chinese dish that's worth trying out. It's a breakfast congee that can be doubled as a dessert. The main ingredients are beans, rice, and nuts, with the standouts being peanuts and red beans. This congee has the perfect mix of sweetness and crunchiness, especially when you add Asian rock candy.

I hope you give these amazing soups a try! They'll definitely warm you up this winter.