5 Recipes To Make This Winter With Your BFFs

1. Matcha Cinnamon Rolls

56
Otto Norin via Unsplash

I have to admit, over the past few months I've developed a strange, hardcore obsession with cooking YouTube videos, specifically those from Bon Appétit and Munchies.

Don't ask me why, it's probably due to the cringe-worthy dining hall food that I suffer through as infrequently as my bank account will allow, but these videos have become absolutely addicting. Cooking and baking are great bonding activities that almost always have an amazing payoff, so what else would be better to do with your family or best friends?

Here are the top five recipes that I plan to make over the winter.

1. Matcha Glazed Cinnamon Rolls

Ok, literally who doesn't love a good cinnamon roll? You just finished agonizing over finals and 100% deserve to Treat. Yo. Self. The matcha glaze adds a trendy, conveniently holiday-themed twist.

2. Monkey Bread

A classic! My mom taught my sister and I how to make Monkey Bread when we were really little, and we've loved it ever since. There are many different variations, some include nuts or raisins but you can add whatever you like! If you're lazy like me, opt for store-bought biscuit dough to help you get closer to the eating step faster.

3. Cacio e Pepe

While many people in the comments of this video were not happy with the non-traditional variation of this recipe, it still made me so hungry that I immediately did a Yelp search of fancy Italian restaurants in my area that serve such a drool-worthy dish.

4. Dark Chocolate Mousse

If you don't like chocolate there just may or may not be something wrong with you, so if you're entertaining over the holidays or just in the mood to get a little fancy, this dark chocolate mousse recipe is the one for you! Whip up some mousse then have a glass of wine or sparkling cider, watch a movie and relax.

5. Ricotta Dumplings

While this recipe is a bit (O.K.- maybe a lot) more challenging and time consuming than the others, it definitely looks delicious. If you're a more advanced wannabe chef or just have some extra time on your hands to do something new, give these dumplings a try and you are sure to dazzle.