I Am So Over Winter, Thank You Next

I Am So Over Winter, Thank U Next

Winters can be brutal but I am ready for summer.

490

Does the state you live in have the change from season to season? There are four seasons that the Midwest has throughout the year. The four main ones are spring, summer, fall, and if you live farther north winter.

Other places do get winter but it's nothing like Midwest, especially in North Dakota. If you have never been where it snows or have never seen snow before the way I can describe it is its nothing like the magical scenes you see in the movies.

Winters in the Midwest can be bipolar. We aren't like Alaska where we don't get sun for months. The sun is shining but it doesn't seem to help the temperature. A bipolar winter is the normal for people that live in North Dakota. People may say its cold other places, but they don't understand. You can always tell when a true North Dakotan is traveling because we can adjust to temperatures quickly because we have been through it all. It is funny when people of the north travel down south because we can people watch. It could be 65 degrees in Florida, and we are wearing shorts and t-shirts while the people down south are complaining it is cold out and that their winter is just beginning, and they are wearing jeans and sweatshirts. It is hard to explain to people how cold it can get its one of those situations where you have to be there to understand. My favorite part is meeting people that haven't seen or been in the cold before and they get to experience it for the first time. The look on their faces is priceless. But like everyone we can take the snow just not the coldness that comes with it.

From a young age we are taught that going into the negatives is a bad thing. From dealing with money to the weather no matter the situation we would rather be on the positive aspect. Living in North Dakota in the winter you prepare for the worst every day. We have survival kits in our cars and blankets in case we get stranded.

Don't get me wrong I love living in North Dakota and it's a wonderful and beautiful place to visit all year round.