Winter Essentials For Guys

Winter Essentials For Guys

Everyone needs some fashion advice.

22
Winter Essentials For Guys

Here we are in the middle of winter and we expect everyone to have their things together, they don’t. It’s unfortunate that people are either new to cooler weather, cannot properly dress for it, or just bundled up and now look like a mess. Chances are you don’t read GQ or Details, so you don’t keep up with changing trends in menswear but that’s not what this is about.

The good thing about winter is that the clothing worn over the years stays the same because all everyone cares about is being warm. I can’t help but recognize some of my brothers struggling a little bit so here’s a little help. Here are a few items anyone who wants to be somewhat prepped for winter should have either in their closet or on them at all times.

Over the Ear Headphones

There isn’t much to say about this one but you may think, "What do headphones have to do with Winter?" This is more so if you already have them or are willing to go out and buy things because you feel like you deserve them. If you love to listen to music while traveling or commuting, over the ear headphones will double as ear muffs (even though they have one that doubles as both), of course this depends on the size go your ears in relation to the size of the headphones.

A Beanie

I should say a Winter hat. Any winter hat will work. By winter hat I mean one that covers your ears. There isn’t much to say about why this is a good idea. If money is a problem, try to purchase a neutral color like gray. But that shouldn’t be an issue. Do not question the person that has 30 different beanies (with and without the ball on top) because that person has one for any outfit.

Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket

They have this technology that make it a warm jacket. They’re made similar to Patagonia Puff jackets but are less than half the price. While you are either browsing the website or store you’ll probably find yourself buying other things because all of the clothing is reasonably priced for the quality you receive. But before that are sure you get a jacket, or even vest. They have a simple look that can’t be beaten.

Timberland Waterproof Boots

I won’t lie and say that Timbs are the most comfortable boot in the world (they aren’t), they are however a very durable boot that can sustain in the rain and snow. The most commonly worn height is 6 inches but they do have higher. These boots can be worn with sweatpants, khakis or jeans so you won’t have an issue of “I bought these now what can I wear with them.”

Wool Socks

Wool is warm. Apparently body heat is linked to feet. Keeping your feet warm in the winter is important. Some may have owned winter socks forever, but you’d be surprised as to how many people don’t.

Ugg Slippers

Some people laugh at Tom Brady being endorsed by Ugg Australia, but I think he’s a genius. They have different types of slippers but go for the one’s that double as outdoor slippers just in case you want to to keep them on when you have to go the store because trust me you won’t want to take them off.

Lotion

Your skin, especially your hands, dry up if you don’t wear gloves in the cold weather. This doesn't have to be the same as the lotion you use on the rest of the body or have to smell super special, it’s just a plus that it can be. Keeping a small sized lotion in your jacket pocket may seem annoying but depending on the amount of of pockets in your winter coat, it shouldn't be a problem. All you need is as much as an 88mL bottle.

Lip Balm

This shouldn’t have to be said, but unfortunately it is. Always carry a stick of lip balm. Just like your skin, when it’s cold out, your lips will dry up. I have a personal preference for Burt’s Bees but there are whole sections in stores dedicated to lip care with different flavors. You’ll be thanking me once you walk outside and that gust of wind hits and you feel like if you were to talk to someone your lip will start bleeding.

Warmth and comfortability come at a price in the winter if you still want to look presentable to the world. You can’t look like you just rolled out of bed everyday no matter how done you are with the weather.