The Six Stages of Winter Break, As Told By Ron Swanson

"Merry Christmas. End of speech."

108
The Man Guide

It's that time, Christmas time is here... It's winter break everyone! Finals are over, you're moved home for a month or so, it's an amazing time of year. But it isn't all roses. Here are the six stages of being home for Christmas break, as told by the one, the only, the man, the myth, the legend: Ron Swanson.

1. FINALS. ARE. OVER.

NO MORE STUDYING, NO MORE PAPERS, NO HOMEWORK FOR THE NEXT MONTH.

2. Time to catch up on all that Netflix I missed!

I'm sure we all used Netflix as a stress reliever during the semester, but we're not nearly as caught up on our shows as we want to be. Time to kick back and relax - I earned it!

3. ...what now?

Netflix, Christmas shopping, even sleeping... I can only kill so much time. What's it like to have free time again? I forget how to just sit and do nothing...

4. I officially have like three "home" friends I can call to hang out with.

You know how they say you lose contact with everyone you went to high school with and you always said "that'll never happen to me because we are ~BeStIeS for LiFe~!"? This is when you finally admit that they were right. (But those three friends you still keep up with? Pretty amazing.)

5. YES, it's finally time to go back to school!

I've missed my school friends and my routine and sleeping until 3PM on Saturdays without being judged! The thought of going back to class is almost exciting! (For now)

6. But going back to school means not being home...

I already miss the home cooked meals and the free laundry and being around my family all the time... Mom, you'd better answer all of my calls, okay? Okay?!

Winter break has its pros and cons, but it's important to value the time you get to spend at home - if you're like me and you're graduating soon, this is the last time you'll ever get a month off for Christmas. Soak it all in, man! (Except me, because I live at home so I forever get the best of both worlds.)

Merry Christmas. End of speech.