Christmas Break Is The Ultimate Gift For College Students

Christmas break is by far the biggest reward for getting through the stress of finals week. No studying for 3 weeks? Count me in. No dining hall food or community bathrooms for 3 weeks? Definitely count me in.

As I sit snuggled up in my family's home all cozy on our couch, I realized why this break is so important. It's almost like a reset for us. A chance to catch up on sleep, spend time with our families, and see old friends. Did I mention sleep?

The craziness of college is consuming and overwhelming. In high school, I used to think that it was so unfair how long college students got off for break, but as a college student, I can see that it is 100% fair. We are deserving of a few weeks off for how hard we push ourselves for the last 5 months. We have earned this break and all that we choose for it to bring.

Christmas break is also a really good time to reflect on the past semester. The highs, and the lows, and everything in between. One of my favorite things is meeting back up with my high school best friend and reflecting on all that this semester has brought.

It can also be a really good time to get some mental clarity and dive into our faiths and passions. We have a few weeks to do whatever we desire! Work, sleep, travel, watch Netflix, go to the gym, pick up that old hobby, hang out with friends… literally anything! Christmas break is basically any college students dream. A few weeks without any studying to get done and not having to send our days in a drab library. It also means getting to feel the comfort of our homes and not to mention home cooking.

With all that being said, here are a few recommendations for what to do with the gift of Christmas break!

1. Watch New Girl. I promise you will not regret it. I may or may not have gotten through two seasons on three days (no shame)

2. Don't set an alarm. Sleep in & sleep in as much as you can because we know school brings a lack of it

3. Get some exercise. Use these few weeks to get back on track so that you can start the new year off feeling right. By doing this, your new year's resolution will not be to get in shape but to stay in shape.

4. Spend time with your family. Bring your parents coffee to work, hang out with your siblings, soak up every minute of family gatherings. It is not often you get this much time with these people, use this time wisely!

5. Spend time in prayer- not having other responsibilities means you can wholeheartedly spend some time in your faith. This break could be a great opportunity to grow

Here's to you and getting through another semester. Now get some rest and have some laughs in the next 3 weeks, you've earned it!