Advice For Underclassment

A Will And Testament To All Northview Underclassmen: Be Confident, Be Happy and Never Give Up

I wish you the best of luck in everything.

176

I, Maitri Patel, being of towering height and tenacious spirit, do hereby leave underclassmen the confidence to face those who seem unkind and unfair. No matter where high school takes you, you will gain friends and lose friends. Some days, life will be kind; other days, it will not. Sometimes you may have to separate yourself from everyone and just focus on you. Negative people need attention like oxygen. Stay positive, and it will take their breath away.

I do hereby leave Freshmen the ability to handle the stress of any given situation, regardless of academics, social life or emotional. If there's anything I know about you, it's that you who will go to any length to be successful. You beat yourself up whenever you think you've failed. Always remember that perspective is key—there is no losing in life, and there is no failure. There is only learning and winning. Sometimes the best thing you can do is to not think, not wonder, not imagine and not obsess. Breathe, have faith, and work hard. I believe in you.

I do hereby leave Sophmores, the strength of persistence and ambition in whatever you choose to do. Your character is strong and persevering, but there will be moments in high school where you feel like giving up. I gift you the consistency to never give up. Always remember—there is no "later." Do it now. Live life now. Don't let school consume your every waking moment. Make sure to take a step back and look at what you've achieved. But remember, always insist on success. After all, good things come to those who hustle.

I do hereby leave Juniors my optimism and love for a good laugh. High school can be stressful, and senior year will be even more stressful. For several months, you won't know where your life is going to go. You don't know which college will be right for you or what major you're going to pursue. But do not let that get your spirit down. Sometimes a good laugh is all it takes to turn your frown upside down. Remember, laugh loudly and laugh often. Laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and always remind yourself that everything happens for a reason. It's okay to fall down, but always make sure to get back up.

I do hereby leave Seniors the ability to finish off high school strong and overcome any form of Senioritis. I know you will achieve all of your dreams in the future because you will make your dreams a reality. I hope you will go to your dream school in. And if there's anything I've learned in high school about achieving goals, it's this—dreams don't work unless you do. Always remain a person of action and finish school strong. Good luck!

Wishing you the best of luck in all your future endeavors,

Maitri Patel